Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running tire size 205/55/16? If so do you have a pic of how it looks. I just ran across a great deal on some brand new BFGoodrich tires and I just want to make sure it wont look rediculus on my winter wheels. I am also running stock suspension for the winter, and wondering if they would rub.

·
Registered
367 Posts
That is a good size and it won't rub if using oem wheels. It is the recommended size for svt's.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
I and a number of people use 205/55-16 for snow tires as they're a little cheaper and have greater selection than stock Focus sizes (excepting 14's and 15's). They are a little taller (24.87") than either stock ZX3 or SVT tires. In most cases they don't present problems. They don't rub with our 1.5 inch drop but its really close even on the stock 16 inch alloys. A 2 inch drop could be iffy with that tire size but I'll let some others chime in on that.

·
Powering America
8,559 Posts
will it rub if i leave my lowering springs in? 2.0"F 2.2"R
Nope, based on what amount of drop you asked about, you have Sportlines, correct? If so, I do too, and I am running a 205/55-16 on the stock wheels and don't have any rubbing.

I can get some pics posted later today.

that is not the reccomended size for svts... we have 215 45 17
Actually, if you look in the supplement that comes with the SVTs, they recommend a 205/55-16 for winter use.

Mike

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
will it rub if i leave my lowering springs in? 2.0"F 2.2"R
it will not rub on OEM wheels. i am proof of it. i even race on them.

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,787 Posts
My car has that size not lowered yet... but they work fine and ive also had 5 people all about 200lbs so my car was sitting low and there was no rubbing

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also, for anyone looking for some all-season tires, tirerack.com has bfgoodrich traction t/a's this size for 50 bucks each, just thought I'd pass that along. I just ordered mine.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just got them mounted and balanced and went for a ride- what a difference over the perelli P6. So much better riding and smoother. No rubs whatsoever. Just thought I'd pass the info along that they fit with sportline springs and dampers. Tirerack doesnt have the deal anymore though.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
do u have a pic of them? i am looking at the traction t/a myself, tirerack has the v-rated for 54 right now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts