Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So have really been enjoying my new focus, no complaints. When deciding on all of my specs for this car I decided it was not worth the extra 800 bucks to opt for the upgraded six speaker stereo for two reason: 1) even with six speakers as compared to four they are still STOCK speakers and are of very low quality. 2) After test driving an SE with the upgraded stereo, speakers and sync I quickly realized that sync was aggravating at best IMO, and it would never get used. Now to my question, soon enough I will be upgrading the speaker setup in my focus as well as adding dynomat in all the doors to improve sound quality and make an almost silent interior ride even quieter [hihi]. I see that my 201a setup still has the speaker covers for the tweeters (which is what makes the upgraded stereo a six speaker setup), does anyone know if these dedicated spaces for the tweeters are still prewired even if these speakers are absent in the car? Really don't want to pop the covers off of a brand new car to find out. Also if anyone has any suggestions for new door speakers or amp(if amps will work with stock head unit) they would be appreciated, I have always leaned towards alpine.

·
Banned
65 Posts
I appreciate this thread as I also went with 201A for less dash and steering wheel clutter. Interested to hear what you guy come up with.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Count me in on this one as well...

·
Registered
609 Posts
just had a look at the pic in my ford parts catalouge and there doesnt appear to be anything that would lead me to believe that any wiring exists.

·
Registered
239 Posts
It doesn't matter really. Just get a pair of speakers for the front with discreet tweeters. I ended up not using the tweeter wires anyway since the Kicker's I got had a bandpass breakout box.

My question would be does your tweeter grille have holes in it (and even have place to put a tweeter)? I've seen faux grilles without holes before used in other cars when there wasn't any speakers behind it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts