Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know if there is a tune for a 2018 Focus SEL, haven’t gotten around to getting a tune but with all the upgrades I’m making, need to get one soon. Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I’m not very knowledgeable, if at all, about how tuning works but I just want to be clear on what the steps are for tuning. As it is, I think Tom will email me the base tune, where then I will install it to the car. Then, I assume I datalog and email the file back to him and he will email me back a custom tune and I install it again to the car. If I’m not correct please enlighten me because I feel like I’m right but am still confused.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yes you are correct. You can also just email him a few data log passes and he can make your tune one time and email that to you as well. All in all, you will be very happy with the results. Trust me. ;)

·
Registered
211 Posts
So I’m not very knowledgeable, if at all, about how tuning works but I just want to be clear on what the steps are for tuning. As it is, I think Tom will email me the base tune, where then I will install it to the car. Then, I assume I datalog and email the file back to him and he will email me back a custom tune and I install it again to the car. If I’m not correct please enlighten me because I feel like I’m right but am still confused.
You are correct. Also, it will likely take a few different tune revisions until Tom has it dialed in based on your specific focus and drive style.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so I just wanted to confirm in case anyone else in my situation was curious but I contacted Tom and he said he can tune the 2018’s, even though on his site it only says up to 2017.

I’ve bought the flasher and tune and will update you all on how it goes in the coming days. So excited!!:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright so the process was exactly how I thought it’d be. Pretty straightforward. I’ve got the base tune setup on it and have already noticed the shifts being smoother and quicker, whereas before they were rough and slow. Also noticed that it definitely picks up speed quick at lower speeds. Waiting to hit 50 miles before I can start data logging.

Tom wants to remote into my laptop with TeamViewer to setup a log list for the data logging but can I just get the config file from him and load it up myself, or does he have to do it himself to set it all up?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts