Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, this is the cargo area of my ST2.8 two days after purchase.

Not only do I not have a right-side cargo light, there's a hole where it's supposed to be that fits it perfectly.

I asked the dealer to fix what was in the first picture, but, to my surprise, they told me that every other ST on their lots (3 across two dealers) had this "deletion", so it was just how the factory made it. To sum it up, and I paraphrase: I said "fix it" and they said "It ain't broke".

Later, when at my local dealer, I found that the '18 SEL Hatch (with the black pack) that was in the showroom also had this particular "deletion". Apparently Ford truly did make it that way, hole-for-cargo-light-housing and all.

This is the cargo area now.

I decided to order the parts and do it myself. Kind of annoyed that I had to, but so be it.

I'm debating on whether or not to make a tutorial for this. I did take pictures as I did the modifications, but I don't think I did quite enough to fully visually detail how I did it. Should I just say "screw it" and do it anyways? Anyone interested?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Your pictures are not working. I'm glad I have both in my 2012. I did upgrade to LED's too. I'd like to see this delete from Ford too and your solution.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Crap, I just tried viewing this thread with a temporary profile in chrome. The pictures are all "?" icons. let me try to fix this.

Update: They have been fixed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure if this is new for 2018, or if they did this in late- or mid-2017. My default for road-trips is to pack the big duffel-bag/suitcase on that side, too, so it's REALLY inconvenient when I'm trying to look for something in there at night.

Either way, they kind of didn't finish the job (leaving the hole there), but that let me put the second light back in, so... I guess it balances out(?).

Now, while I get these instructions down, here are some part numbers:
  • Light Housing (incl. 1x 168 incandescent bulb): AM5Z-13776-G
  • Pigtail Connector: BU2Z-14S411-ADA

·
FUBARCUS
7,763 Posts
Not seeing the pictures from your Dropbox links. You may have to re-upload them to imgur or Flickr.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts