Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be driving my new '17 RS on the snow and I need tires and rims, I have a set of 205/50 ZR 17 tires, if I get the rims size 17, can I use them or are they too small? What other sizes (tires/rims) can I buy other then the ones they come with (235/35R19)? Thanks!!!

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
The OEM winter wheel and tire package is 18x7.5" and is one of the smallest wheels to clear the brembo brake calipers on the front. You'd have to look very carefully at backspacing and other attributes to see if it would even be possible to fit a 17" wheel around the brakes without causing other issues.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I've only read about one or two 17" wheels that will fit. And they are super pricey.
I don't have the info on me but if you search for it you'll find the info on an RS forum.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
I’m sorry I had posted the wrong tire size. So factory ST wheels with those Goodyear F1 235/40/18 tires wouldn’t fit on an RS?

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Yes the factory ST 5 spoke wheel will not fit on a Focus RS without a spacer regardless of tire mounted on it. Otherwise the caliper will hit the spokes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello, I finally ordered and received a Set of 4 GWG Wheels 18 inch Black Blue Undercut FLARE Rims 5x108 ET40 CB74.1 that I found on ebay and with their tuff nutz install kit, they just fit, also on the way are the winter tires, 4 x Nexen Winguard Sport 2 235/40R18 95W Winter Tires...hopefully everything goes well and I can drive it this winter without issues. Thanks !!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I finally ordered and received a Set of 4 GWG Wheels 18 inch Black Blue Undercut FLARE Rims 5x108 ET40 CB74.1 that I found on ebay and with their tuff nutz install kit, they just fit, also on the way are the winter tires, 4 x Nexen Winguard Sport 2 235/40R18 95W Winter Tires...hopefully everything goes well and I can drive it this winter without issues. Thanks !!!
Hi LizJoel,
how are these tires working for you? I'm starting to worry that the summer pilot tires will be like ice-skating comes a bit of cold or snow in Oregon.
is the "95W" the load rating on this Nexen tires?

What have other folks tried?
thnak you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi LizJoel,
how are these tires working for you? I'm starting to worry that the summer pilot tires will be like ice-skating comes a bit of cold or snow in Oregon.
is the "95W" the load rating on this Nexen tires?

What have other folks tried?
thnak you
the-frog...
The tires are working very nicely...and they look great. None of the 17" rims I tried fit, only a few 18" do. Yes, the 95W stands for 95 lbs., which is how much weight the tire can support and the W for the 168 MPH, the maximum speed a tire can sustain under its recommended load capacity.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How’s the RS look with 18’s on it? Any pics? Probably gets better MPG also! Does it throw off the speedometer at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pokerrun388
They look great, my car is black with the blue accents, the rims have some blue and they match well. I haven't felt any difference while driving.
No good pictures but I'll attach a couple so you can see them. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I just bought four Michelin Pilot Alpine PA4's for my winter setup, I use an extra set of ST OEM premium 18" rims as a dedicated winter wheel package but I also drive a ST, not a RS. If youd like Id trade you my 17' ST for your 17'RS???? :)

·
Registered
802 Posts
Pokerrun388
They look great, my car is black with the blue accents, the rims have some blue and they match well. I haven't felt any difference while driving.
No good pictures but I'll attach a couple so you can see them. Let me know what you think.

It looks great! But do the 18” wheels have spacers to clear the calipers? How does that work? BTW, the RS in Black looks fantastic with the blue badges!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts