Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son has 2.0 l se with intermittent stalling associated with battery and engine oil light. Usually averages about one every week and sounds like my son may be describing limp mode. He reported battery light and engine oil/check engine light come on and car would not accelerate and then shut off. After car is off it usually starts and is fine for days. Checked with scanner multiple times and no codes except P0087 low fuel pressure yesterday. Battery is few months old. Charging is over 14v (approx 14.35v).
Reviewed a lot of TSB online and saw only one potential issue with evap/purge system. Would appreciate any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 Ford Focus SE
4 Posts
i had the same issue so i took it Tindol Roush and they found a damaged wire harness. the computer had no continuity to one of the fuel rail pressure sensors

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Read about issues with fuel filter and some focus models but thought it would run bad more consistently. May try Forscan in near future and see if it helps me more than current scanner. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
975 Posts
Reviewed a lot of TSB online and saw only one potential issue with evap/purge system. Would appreciate any help.
May not be your issue, but there was a recall on the evap/purge system. Have you had that done?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts