Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Go to cnc tires off of the 62. hes a buddy of mine and has a great selection of wheels and tires at a low price. just got foci wheels and hankooks to wrap them in for a grand. plus hes local and just a nice guy. cost me less to do tires there than at discount tire or les schwab.
My family actually gets 50% off on wheels and tires over at Eds Tire Factory, since were personal friends of there's and have been for over 60 years [:D], thanks for the offer though! [:)]

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I just got the 2016 SE hatchback as well with the auto transmission...So far I got (haven’t installed yet) a K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust in 2.25, and a sprint booster just for shits and giggles. I’m going to upgrade the brakes and do some cosmetic tweaks as well, but is there anything else that will be needed? I’m looking into a header as well but not sure what else is needed or if anything is needed even to just make the exhaust and intake work perfectly??? Thanks for the help in advance. I was hoping OP provided a more recent update but shit happens in life. BTW I won’t be racing anyone in it atleast anytime soon but I just want this daily driver to be more fun to drive as well as still running smooth without worry.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Next mod should be a rear motor mount (fswerks insert if you'd like a similar to stock feel, Cobb if you'd like to feel the engine a bit more).

Then you should go with Tom's tune.. he does lifetime naturally aspirated tune revisions with added bolt-ons. This will definitely help with a little added hp/tq while you're sitting with that intake and will also greatly improve other mods you plan on doing.

For throttle response, the 63mm mustang ecoboost throttle body will help a lot. Tune isn't unnecessarily necessary for this because its plug and play, but a tune will definitely make sure everything works as smoothly as possible.

Sent from my SM-G892A using FF Mobile
Will COBB work with the SE? Says only ST on website.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You shouldn't need the rmm like suggested above because the 15 and up have the better motor mount already. When you installed you have now opened yourself up for heat soak. I had the kn and it was great when engine was cool but my iat would go up about 20 degrees after driving. But since you already have it, I suggest insulating it as best you can.
Definitely get a tune. I suggest the an exhaust that is 2.5 diameter, I think the magnaflow is 2.25.
Another real good mod is a header to go with your catback. Make sure you get a tune first tho or else you will run lean which is bad.
What tunes are there for an SE? Been looking forever and can’t find one. 2015 btw

·
FF Affiliate
30,144 Posts
I sell the X4 Flasher , Full Custom Tune , Free Unlimited Lifetime NA Tune updates , Datalogging , US Shipped for 462.00

Have Custom Tunes for the DCT or 5sp

Tom

·
Registered
74 Posts
Will COBB work with the SE? Says only ST on website.
The Cobb mount fits perfectly on the SE as well; I have one on my '14.

However, know that the Cobb mount is ridiculously stiff and transmits a lot of vibrations throughout the car. For me, the vibrations are too much for daily commuting, and even after 5k+ miles of use, they haven't settled down enough for me so I'll be replacing it with one from FSWerks as soon as they get theirs back in stock.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just got off the phone with COBB and they stated the same thing , COBB only supports the ST and RS Focus

Tom
Cobb might "only support the ST and RS Focus" but the part definitely fits on an SE.. I'm pretty sure a good amount of people have it installed. I do and a buddy of mine has one.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

61 - 71 of 71 Posts