Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I hope I'm in the right spot, forgive if this is not prohibited in this section but I'll get straight to the point. I recently purchased a 2016 ford focus se with roughly 41,000 miles on the odometer , with in the a week of buying it I found the transmission acting funny when shifting almost like I'm a newbie trying to figure out a clutch. I just got off the phone with my local ford dealership and explained to the service department my issues , they told me that they will have to take the car for about 2 weeks and install new parts for the clutch and transmission. Has anyone else had this problem? , and if so does that mean there gonna put an updated transmission and clutch in it or simply an exact replica of the same tranny . Thank you very much for taking your time to read my long post and any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated!

-Erik

·
Registered
62 Posts
What you’re describing is a well known and documented problem with the 2012-17 (I think the 2018-19’s are OK).

EDIT: I’ve since learned the problem automatic transmissions are in the 2012-16 model years. My apologies.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i bought a 2016 a couple weeks ago from dealer. driving home from lot i experienced same thing. Took it back next morning and they replace dual clutch system (hopefully with new model).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got mine back from ford yesterday evening . Replaced the clutch as well... my fingers are crossed 🤞🤞🤞.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2014 SE with 30K miles. Just had my first xmission repair last week. Problem was as described here, and just about everywhere else. Repairs done under warranty, took her in Wed morning, she was ready Thur afternoon. Drives like new again. I told the service contact that I hope they weren't going to pull some pack off a shelf that had sat for years, and he assured me I would get an up to date unit. Before repair I started looking at unloading the car, but I like everything else about her for around town, so I'm hoping for the best.

I have the SCTx4 (?) tuner and Tom's tune, that I may put on after a bit of break in time. Did not help the first time around in my case, but I may have started too late then. My understanding is that the tune allows the xmission to shift more aggressively (less slip) and this helps reduce wear on the pack. Can't help seals if they aren't any better though.

ACE

·
Registered
7 Posts
2014 SE with 30K miles. Just had my first xmission repair last week. Problem was as described here, and just about everywhere else. Repairs done under warranty, took her in Wed morning, she was ready Thur afternoon. Drives like new again. I told the service contact that I hope they weren't going to pull some pack off a shelf that had sat for years, and he assured me I would get an up to date unit. Before repair I started looking at unloading the car, but I like everything else about her for around town, so I'm hoping for the best.

I have the SCTx4 (?) tuner and Tom's tune, that I may put on after a bit of break in time. Did not help the first time around in my case, but I may have started too late then. My understanding is that the tune allows the xmission to shift more aggressively (less slip) and this helps reduce wear on the pack. Can't help seals if they aren't any better though.

ACE
My receipt shows version "F" which i believe may be latest clutch build.

·
Registered
18 Posts
So I hope I'm in the right spot, forgive if this is not prohibited in this section but I'll get straight to the point. I recently purchased a 2016 ford focus se with roughly 41,000 miles on the odometer , with in the a week of buying it I found the transmission acting funny when shifting almost like I'm a newbie trying to figure out a clutch. I just got off the phone with my local ford dealership and explained to the service department my issues , they told me that they will have to take the car for about 2 weeks and install new parts for the clutch and transmission. Has anyone else had this problem? , and if so does that mean there gonna put an updated transmission and clutch in it or simply an exact replica of the same tranny . Thank you very much for taking your time to read my long post and any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated!

-Erik
I had this exact problem with the exact year and model of your focus and had the same problem lucky me ended being under warranty and since it was a recall for some other stuff as well they replaced it all for free but It ended having the same problem with tranny and one of the guys at the dealer told me it wasnt me it was just the dual clutch autos suck and that all of the stuff for my dual clutch had to be replaced

1 - 9 of 9 Posts