Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 ford focus se hatch and the rear button on the car doesn't work.. used to work and just stopped one day a couple of times it worked but you had to press hard. it not hard to press the button and if I press it now hard or easy nothing happens... my key and interior trunk button still works. I use my trunk almost every day and it's just a pain to get out my keys again instead of being able to press the button on the back of the car. any ideas on what went wrong and how to fix it? thanks!

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I have a 2016 ford focus se hatch and the rear button on the car doesn't work.. used to work and just stopped one day a couple of times it worked but you had to press hard. it not hard to press the button and if I press it now hard or easy nothing happens... my key and interior trunk button still works. I use my trunk almost every day and it's just a pain to get out my keys again instead of being able to press the button on the back of the car. any ideas on what went wrong and how to fix it? thanks!
Since the remote and interior switches work the latch I suspect the issue is the rear switch has failed. Perhaps moisture got into the contacts. It may even be able to be disassembled and repaired. New switch assembly is about $50.

Reactions: Skikri

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a picknpull near me where I could get a used one very cheap. Since mine is a mk 3.5 would a mk3 rear handle work? Also would the camera be the same or did the newer gen get a better camera? And how easy or hard is it to get one out and take a look at it?

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I have a picknpull near me where I could get a used one very cheap. Since mine is a mk 3.5 would a mk3 rear handle work? Also would the camera be the same or did the newer gen get a better camera? And how easy or hard is it to get one out and take a look at it?
I cannot answer your questions - you will need to look and determine what years/features are the same/not.

Good luck
Paul

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
What features specifically are important?
All I was saying is you would need to look at the available salvage vehicles (of different years/features) and determine if any of them have the same part you need.

Paul

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got it thanks for the help. Now all I need to do is take mine out and see if there are any part numbers on it and take a pic and head to the salvage yard ;)

now I have to to figure out how to get to it, hmmm I’ll see if I can find a video but any info you can give me on how to get it out I would very much like!

·
Registered
16' Focus ST
419 Posts
Idk about the SE but for the ST the older cars didn't have a camera at all. I'd make sure the car you pull it from is a mk3.5 hatch just to make sure it fits. To get to that assembly you'll need to take the whole interior of the hatch apart. All the plastics need to come off and such.

Reactions: Paul1958

·
Registered
16' Focus ST
419 Posts
Also, if you can't find it at your salvage yard, let me know. There's an 18' titanium at a yard here that I could go grab and ship to yah.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks you guys and I got it done…. Here are some pics that may help you
Wood Gesture Road surface Finger Asphalt
Air gun Trigger Line Asphalt Road surface
Watch Road surface Wood Asphalt Floor
Hand White Wood Road surface Automotive tire
Wood Road surface Asphalt Flooring Walking shoe
Glove Automotive tire Road surface Wood Asphalt

Wood Finger Thumb Rectangle Nail

so I did find a 3.5 hatchback in a yard near me and removed the camera and button assembly when I took my assembly out of my car it had parts rattling inside :/ but for the install or even just getting to it you have to know where the clips are so you can press them and you do need to take the interior parts off to get to the very back clip there’s a hole where you can see it and you can press it from inside the car but you have to takeoff the plastic on the trunk to get to it it’s really easy to takeoff the plastic you basically just take off the handle covers on the boot unscrew the four bolts two on each handle and then just pull it off and they pop off and now you have the plastic off so you can see all the holes where all the windshield wipers are and access points for screws are in on one of those holes right underneath the windshield wiper motor you can see one of the metal clips these metal clips are really hard to press and if you don’t press them and just try to pull it out you will break off the metal clips I installed the new camera on my car and press the button and it works now so my assembly was definitely broken hopefully this can help people disassemble their car in the future if anybody needs help just ask :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts