Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I had a metal necklace chain on my dashboard and it fell into the vent by the windshield right in the middle. I tried sticking magnetic strip down and nothing.

I removed the radio/ac panels to see if it fell down there and was not there.

Additionally, when I would turn defrost and driver vents on and off I heard the chain moving. After doing it a couple times it sounded like fell and I no longer hear anything when I turn ac on and off. I am thinking it was caught on something and then fell. Any idea where it may have fallen too and how accessible it would be?

If I leave it in there will my car have any issues? I really don't need the chain and if it is safe to leave it in there I have no problem with that.

Hopefully, this is clear enough. let me know. thanks for your help!

·
So mote be it
8,903 Posts
thats a pickle, cant really say it will be easy to access short of taking apart the entire dash. Do you have any idea if the chain was magnetic? how thick of a chain?

it could probably cause a problem just as much as it not. just depends if it can catch on anything and either block it or catch/wrap itself on something. You can try a claw type tool but still just fishing blindly:
https://www.amazon.com/Flexible-Magnetic-4-Finger-Rustless-Spring,Claw-type/dp/B0796W5CSD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts