Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys/gals,
I'm looking at potentially upgrading my wheels to a set of 18's but I'm not sure if I can justify the cost or not. If I did that I would want to sell my OEM wheels/tires/sensors to offset some of the cost. I'm curious if there is any interest in them or not. I think $600 is reasonable considering condition and sensors and miles on the tires. I've had these same tires on my Escape and they would have gotten my 65k had I not wrecked it at 59k miles.

Tires currently have less than 14,000 miles on them. I haven't gone in detail on checking the wheels out to inspect for any scratches or nicks that I'm unaware of but as of now they look brand new. If I find anything I would absolutely notify any body of interest and take pictures as well but to my knowledge, they are mint.

This is a picture of one of mine for the style. They're a 17"X7" and 5X108 bolt pattern.

I'm curious if there is any interest in them.

·
Registered
721 Posts
OEM wheels are hit and miss. $600 might seem reasonable but you'll be lucky to get that tbh. You're going to lose money whenever you invest in wheels.

If you want to break even upgrading your wheels, it's never going to happen. You should only get new wheels if you like them

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
I was lucky since I sold my OEM 16" sport wheels for $525 and the Conti tires for $300 but that was with 1100 miles on them and it was 2012 when they were still a new style wheel.
I replaced them with 17"s and DWS tires for $400 out of my pocket after the OEMs sold.

Stock wheels just aren't commanding those prices anymore.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OEM wheels are hit and miss. $600 might seem reasonable but you'll be lucky to get that tbh. You're going to lose money whenever you invest in wheels.

If you want to break even upgrading your wheels, it's never going to happen. You should only get new wheels if you like them
Oh I definitely don't plan on breaking even or making anything on the OEM wheels. But if I could offset some of the cost of the new stuff it would be nice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts