Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My girlfriends 2016 Focus is having strange electrical issues. It's blinker will stay stuck on, Traction control will go on and off by itself, and the key will not start the car frequently saying no key is recognized. I have hooked up my OBDII code reader and it's showing no faults anywhere. What the heck can be going bad? Is this a bad ecu? Any and all help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
143 Posts
You will need a scanner that can read DTC's from ALL the modules . There's roughly 20 (or more) modules . The BCM and the KVM( if its a keyless FOB) If the vehicle is a push start vehicle (i dont know lol)
there should be a "pocket" that you can set the key in IN the center console OR a place to hold the key next to the steering column. You can place the key there and see if it starts IF so then you may have a bad battery in the FOB. Also make sure you have all the keys (2 minimum) I have seen twice in the last month (where i work) the Vehicle literally forgot the BRAND NEW KEY that was programmed and working all functions just to not work later after the car was turned off. The car may have forgotten the Key ID and may need to be re added. Let me know

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sounds like the battery is going bad. Have it tested.
2nd this recommendation. Modern cars can do all sorts of wonky things when either the battery or the alternator starts to crap out. Try testing the battery with a load tester.

Also I would always check the chassis grounds. A bad ground can muck with everything, and it's cheap maintenance that the everyman can do himself:

This might not fix your problem, but there's a good likelihood that it might.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts