Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
First time owner of a Ford product.

I need some quick help as I've only owned the car for 3 days and already made a small mistake.

My car has this slot in it.

I thought it was a "coin holder" so I dropped a quarter in it. Turns out... its not. Its a credit card holder or parking receipt holder. Go figure.

Here are some additional pictures of the area. Anyone know how to correctly remove that trim?

I've already purchased a trim removal kit... I just don't want to break anything on my brand new car.

Help is appreciated!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Can you hear it? If not just leave it for the 12th owner 16 years down the road when he has to fix something that requires it to be taken off

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you hear it? If not just leave it for the 12th owner 16 years down the road when he has to fix something that requires it to be taken off

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Ha! I don't hear it now... it's just my OCD.

·
Registered
91 Posts
You can always use a credit card to pry it out with some pressure. If it doesn't fit, use something thinner. If nothing works, use a vac from a car wash. Those vacs are powerful!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
What did you try to pry it out with? A screwdriver?

Maybe a razor blade? Or interior trim removal tools? Needle nose pliers in the middle?

It seems to be rather useless.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. I did try a credit card and put tape on the bottom to get it out. No go.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What did you try to pry it out with? A screwdriver?

Maybe a razor blade? Or interior trim removal tools? Needle nose pliers in the middle?

It seems to be rather useless.
Those slots are useless! Why would I put a credit card in plain sight. Ha! I honestly think its a parking receipt holder or insurance card holder. That's all I see useful. For now I think its just going to live in there.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Those slots are useless! Why would I put a credit card in plain sight. Ha! I honestly think its a parking receipt holder or insurance card holder. That's all I see useful. For now I think its just going to live in there.
I use mine to hold my work ID and when I get a card to park in a garage. Looks like they moved it to a better place in the newer models. Once I put my car in Park I can no longer access what's in the slots [facepalm].

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I use mine to hold my work ID and when I get a card to park in a garage. Looks like they moved it to a better place in the newer models. Once I put my car in Park I can no longer access what's in the slots [facepalm].
You are right. It could be used for those things. I just have no friggin clue why I dropped a coin in there. All good. Its going to live there for the 16th owner as someone else mentioned. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
We just bought a used Focus and it came with a quarter in the card slot from the previous owner. I was able to remove it by cutting off a piece of duct tape and sliding it behind the quarter. I used a credit card in the slot next to it and used the card to push the quarter to the tape. I just pulled the tape back out with the quarter attached

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello
First time owner of a Ford product.

I've already purchased a trim removal kit... I just don't want to break anything on my brand new car.

Help is appreciated!

Did you ever solve this problem? Unfortunately, I did the same thing and the quarter rattles between 25-55 mph. It is driving me nuts, and I couldn't get it out with any of the tools I have at work or home.

·
Registered
180 Posts
looks like you can pop 7e391 up (might have a shifter cover around it) reach in and one would assume the coin slot... er.. garage credit ticket pass card holder would pop out as well...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Duct tape

I got some gorilla tape which is a bit thicker that regular duct tape. I was able to eventually get it down far enough where a credit card could push against it and make the tape stick.

I also went back to the dealership to ask for a tool or something to help pry the trim up. They told me that they couldn’t help me with that, but I could send it in for service for $150 and they would remove the whole piece.

I’m grateful for the duct tape suggestion on this forum. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Solved!

I had this same problem happen a few weeks ago with my new Focus, a quarter slid into the stupid card holder. It rattled like crazy and was driving me nuts. I tried sticking everything I could think of in there to pry it out - coffee stirrers, letter openers, tape. Tried vacuuming it out, that didn't work. Anyone who has had this happen knows that the card holder is very narrow, and there's a lip that prevents the quarter from sliding out. I finally cut two small slits in a plastic straw, slid the straw into the card holder, grabbed the quarter and slowly pulled it out. Success! Good luck!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts