Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

I just bought a 2016 Focus S. Love the car! I'm looking to add 235 55 17" tires and wheels (5x108 bolt pattern)... will they fit? Will they rub? Will they crash the fenders? Please advise...

Thanks everyone! Truly appreciate it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hey everyone!

I just bought a 2016 Focus S. Love the car! I'm looking to add 235 55 17" tires and wheels (5x108 bolt pattern)... will they fit? Will they rub? Will they crash the fenders? Please advise...

That's a pretty tall tire for these, about 2" taller than stock. Good chance it'll rub

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks jaymz9350! Not what I was hoping for but I certainly appreciate the warning.

·
Registered
28 Posts

You can use this to get an idea of the difference between the sizes. 2 inches would most likely rub. Plus it would affect odometer accuracy and steering a bit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

You can use this to get an idea of the difference between the sizes. 2 inches would most likely rub. Plus it would affect odometer accuracy and steering a bit.
Awesome! THANK YOU! I use the site's tire calculator and it looks like I'll need 225 45 17 tires. I truly appreciate your help :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Awesome! THANK YOU! I use the site's tire calculator and it looks like I'll need 225 45 17 tires. I truly appreciate your help :)
No worries bud. Glad i could help. Im on 225/50/17 now and the steering got jerkier so 225/45/17 would definitely be a better fit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey everyone!

I run 235/35/19 same as the mk3 rs and they fit fantastic with no rubbing at all. You should definitely be ok with the 45s

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I run 235/35/19 same as the mk3 rs and they fit fantastic with no rubbing at all. You should definitely be ok with the 45s
Perfect! Thanks for that reassurance! The tire shop offered me a set of 235 45 17 but I got cold feet real fast and stuck with the 225 45 17. They had to order them so I'll pick them up tomorrow... :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts