Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 focus se eco boost. My low oil light came on, so I check my oil and it had plenty of oil. I am thinking its the oil pressure light. Just wanted to get some other peoples thoughts.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I have a 2016 focus se eco boost. My low oil light came on, so I check my oil and it had plenty of oil. I am thinking its the oil pressure light. Just wanted to get some other peoples thoughts.
Your oil pump screen may be clogged up from the pump and timing belt breaking down. If you search around you will see this happens to this motor.
Very serious situation, verify with a pressure gauge as soon as possible.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
How many miles? You have a 60,000 mile, 5 year powertrain warranty are you over that?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your oil pump screen may be clogged up from the pump and timing belt breaking down. If you search around you will see this happens to this motor.
Very serious situation, verify with a pressure gauge as soon as possible.
I changed the oil to see if that would unclog it before taking the pan off and it didn’t fix the issue. I don’t have a pressure gauge to check it though I’ll have to find one.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I would definitely consider what the other guy has posted. It truly is possible you have low oil pressure.
I definitely wouldn't drive it because if it is low you are destroying your engine.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
80,000 I’ve also been told to try changing the vvt solenoid.
VVT Solenoid has nothing to do with engine oil pressure issues. Changing it is a waste of time and money.

Reactions: Ductape91

·
Registered
660 Posts
Have you checked the oil pressure sensor wiring and plug(green plug next to the oil filter)?
Maybe it backed out or the wiring got damaged.

If it turns out to be a clogged oil pump screen you are better off replacing it and the belt for it than trying to clean it. From what ive read its relatively easy to drop the oil pan on these cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts