Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This problem started a few months ago and is driving me insane. It's like a vibrating rattle that is right next to my ear somewhere around the door frame and the window area. If I pull on the door while driving it will stop, if I roll my window down it seems to stop. The strange thing is it doesn't do it all the time but it does it a majority of the time even when I'm driving on smooth surfaces. I just took it into the dealership to have them check it out, and of course they took it on a "test drive" and it didn't do anything. Now my front passenger door is doing it too, and even louder, same area! I have no clue what it is, if its the window rattling or the door not locking properly, the only descent solution I have found is to slam the crap out of my door everytime I close it, then for the most part it seems to cease. If anything this will break something that I can actually take it to get fix or make it worse so that the lazy people at the dealership can hear it. Luckily I have the extended warranty. But if anyone knows a better solution, like how I can fix this or know what it is so I can tell the dealership what to do I would really appreciate it, it's seriously driving me insane and otherwise I'm just going to keep slamming my doors till they fall off.

Thanks
Hi, i am also having a similar noise. I have taken the vehicle to the dealership for more than five times and they still cannot resolve it. Most part its because they say its not covered by warranty. Where you able to resolve it?

·
Super Moderator
9,527 Posts
I have separated this from the original thread because your door rattle issues are from a different generation. Hopefully someone can get you situated here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts