Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

I know I have a small turbo in my 3 cyl. I like hearing it.
Is there a way to upgrade the turbo on it?

I know i wont get much power out of it. but i would like to hear it more.

Is this possible?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THAT SOUNDS AMAZING. Any performance difference or just for sound?
I need that on my car ASAP.

·
Registered
580 Posts
THAT SOUNDS AMAZING. Any performance difference or just for sound?
I need that on my car ASAP.
I dont know if there is a performance difference, they claim the stock plastic recirculating valve is prone to failure but i havent read any one here having that issue.
Like you i hate not hearing my turbo, upgrading the valve is on my list.
The air fliter thing seems easy enough.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree the air thing seems a quicker resolve but your just sounds way better.

If you don't mind could you provide a parts list that went into your Fiesta?

·
Registered
580 Posts
I agree the air thing seems a quicker resolve but your just sounds way better.

If you don't mind could you provide a parts list that went into your Fiesta?
Not my fiesta or focus in those videos, sorry if i gave that impression.
They were just relevant for hearing difference.
i wish though.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I wanted to bump this thread to build on OPs original question instead of starting a new thread for it.

I noticed they make BOV adapters(which sandwich between the recirculating valve and the mount for it)for basically every other ecoboost vehical except ours and was curious if there is some feasible way to make one work for our turbos.
Thoughts, opinions?
I would much prefer the sound of one over the sound those upgrade to the recirculating valves make.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I wanted to bump this thread to build on OPs original question instead of starting a new thread for it.

I noticed they make BOV adapters(which sandwich between the recirculating valve and the mount for it)for basically every other ecoboost vehical except ours and was curious if there is some feasible way to make one work for our turbos.
Thoughts, opinions?
I would much prefer the sound of one over the sound those upgrade to the recirculating valves make.
If you can find one that fits. It shouldn't be that hard to fab one up either if you have the ability to since it's nothing more than a sandwich plate with an opening. Expect your car to run rich between at the beginning and between shifts.

·
Registered
580 Posts
If you can find one that fits. It shouldn't be that hard to fab one up either if you have the ability to since it's nothing more than a sandwich plate with an opening. Expect your car to run rich between at the beginning and between shifts.
Ive been hopping around and checking out possible options but havent heard of any issues with running rich from running the adapter or replacement bpv.
The turbosmart ones require another line to be ran and the boomba 50/50 ones(for other ecoboost motors not electronically controlled) dont from what i saw.
I need to dig deeper, maybe pop mine off and measure some things and see if any will fit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts