Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ford in good faith should warrant the dct for 10 years 150k for all no matter what year---whole trans clutch & tcm....come on it has issues step it up -- keep brand loyalty-- all late model 16's & 17's don't even have a dct --- what does that tell you? Ford reps where are you/ help him!!
That would be nice if they did warranty to 150k, but they haven't. Even if they did I'd still be upset. I drive all highway miles, and I put a lot of miles on my car. At ~90k I had my 4th clutch and seal installed. Now I'm over 100k and there's nothing they can do for me. I'm extremely upset that I'm going to have to end up paying for this.

I find it very unfair that this problem has been ongoing since ~20k miles and now it's not Ford's problem anymore. I get it that I shouldn't expect them to fix problems on a car with over 100k on it. For example I just had to do a wheel bearing, that's normal I get it. I'm not trying to be unreasonable, but I just have a hard time paying for the clutch when they've never been able to get it right.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Agree to point---I'd like to see in writing that issues are corrected...I want the brand to prosper.....Buy American cause it's better!!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Agree to point---I'd like to see in writing that issues are corrected...I want the brand to prosper.....Buy American cause it's better!!
ford is moving focus production to mexico along with the c-max lol but hey BUY "AMERICAN"

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'd love to buy American! And I probably will, it just won't be a Ford next time. It's too bad because I love this car, everything except the input shaft seal leaking making dry clutches wet!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sorry to say this, but as the former owner of two cars with DCT there is only one 'solution' to your problem - get rid of that car. If you manage to get a warranty repair - or even if you have to pay for the repair yourself - sell it immediately afterwards while it's running ok. One of my DCT problem vehicles was used by my daughter who traded it this year with only 27k miles after three transmission repairs and multiple heart stopping moments. She was 'encouraged' to dump it by her local Ford dealer, no less, who said 'There is no permanent fix, get rid of it'. Does that make you feel better? Thought not. She's driving a Hyundai now which actually goes up hills and gets through an intersection when you press the gas.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'm at 1600k miles on my new clutches. I might've felt a slight hesitation today but maybe I was imagining things. But the moment I feel a real shudder I'm uninstalling my android radio and selling it on here and trading this car in.

I spent $440 on the android radio and 600 on the damn Ford remote start. I'm not happy at all to waste the money spent on that stuff which is why I'm trying to keep this car longer and get my money worth on the things I added

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
DCT wise they all aren't bad enough to complain about or there would be a MUCH larger issue with owners by now. Much quieter in here as time passes, and it can't all be from people giving up.
Something I wonder about... for the past 2 years at this time of the year there have been 20 to 30 new Focuses on the lot at my local Ford dealer, with a discount of ~$1000 - $1500. Today there are only 5, all discounted >$4000. You can get a new 2016 for a little over $16k.

Does that mean that people have wised up to the DCT problem and demand for the car has really tapered off?

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Demand for ALL small cars has tanked.

Ford's move to send the balance of small car production back to Mexico makes sense in terms of bringing back larger cars that are selling. Look at other manufacturers dropping or cutting back on small car models/production.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts