Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone trading in their 13 or 14 ST for the 15?? As stupid as it sounds, I just got my ST 12/27 but after looking at the interior of the 15 and that beautiful magnetic metallic I'm considering trading mine. But I shall wait and see if the dealerships decide to mark them up rediculouslly. I had no intention of getting a 15, but after hating some things about the interior of the 14, it made me think about it.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
if you did get a 2015, you might want to trade it in when Ford switches over to the new and improved 2.0L EcoBoost motor.

Trading in a new car only makes sense for those that literally have money to burn. (in which case why are you driving a Focus?)

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
What exactly are they improving on the 2.0? I haven't read anything about it.
Everything.

New block, higher compression (9.7:1 v.s. 9.3:1), revised balance shafts, twin scroll turbocharger, etc.

The twin-scroll 2.0-liter EcoBoost, offering an estimated 245 horsepower and 270 lb.-ft. of torque, is significantly improved over the previous 2.0-liter EcoBoost. Beyond efficiency advantages, this new engine will also provide more capability. Edge equipped with the 2.0-liter EcoBoost can be specified with newly available all-wheel drive and a towing package capable of hauling a 3,500-pound trailer.

Among a host of changes to the 2.0-liter EcoBoost is a twin-scroll design enabling optimized camshaft timing for improved engine performance and reduced turbo lag. A new, lighter engine block casting along with new aluminum balance shaft assembly shaves six pounds from the engine’s gravitational weight. Other changes include lighter pistons; a newly designed, integrated exhaust manifold; and a new, high-pressure direct-injection fuel system for finer fuel atomization. These upgrades pave the way for an increased compression ratio of 9.7:1, up from 9.3:1, for improved overall fuel efficiency.
https://media.ford.com/content/ford...ses-fords-best-technology--more-driver-a.html

This engine is being launched into the Ford Edge first, which is where the 2.0 L Ecoboost started from for the North American production.

It won't be used in the 2015 Focus ST however, maybe by the 2016 MY or later.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I agree the new 2.0 will not show up until at least the 2016.
The ST is selling rather well. they will not change it much until sales start to flag.. Then all the current ST owners will be ready to buy a new one....

I just bought mine November 2014 and no way would i flop for a new one until the 2017 model year at the earliest. (More like the intro of the 2018...) by which time mine will be loan free... I have a 4 year loan I am paying off in 3 years... [angel]

Main things i would want to see are same or better handling with a more sophisticated ride. (Kind of choppy/stiff now) great color of paint, better freeway mpg, and a limited slip differential as an option.

And better fit and finish could help too.

·
Registered
763 Posts
So a couple more hp and lbs of torque but vastly more efficient?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
if you did get a 2015, you might want to trade it in when Ford switches over to the new and improved 2.0L EcoBoost motor.

Trading in a new car only makes sense for those that literally have money to burn. (in which case why are you driving a Focus?)
This^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
IMO there's not enough difference in the 13/14's and the 15s to warrant the jump.

However, I could certainly see if one were saving up for the RS....

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
IMO there's not enough difference in the 13/14's and the 15s to warrant the jump.

However, I could certainly see if one were saving up for the RS....
Yea the RS would temp a few ppl, but a 13, 14 or 15 vs the cost difference, I don't get that. I'd rather throw a few mods at whatever you have vs a newer vehicle. Try a diff & a bbk & thats not counting performance mods.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
One possible reason is the wiring harness recall. For some folks it never will get done right. And in that case, trading in might be a decent solution if they really love the ST except for the wiring issue effects.
Or if they have a base ST and want the ST3 goodies...

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Yeah the one off white leather inserts for the Recaro seats with more suede rather than just cloth. This is to tie all the Ford Performance vehicles together, the Fiesta ST has the same front seats, the GT350R has the GT350 Recaro in the same black, white, and blue stitching for the recaro logo. All the cars are also painted a special shade of blue for the Ford Performance models.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
So is it just a one time show car item, or is Ford N.A. offering that trim?
From what I have heard on Sunday at the NAIAS preview event they were a one off for the reveal and the show cars. I was told this while ogling them in the Fiesta ST where I first saw them.

They are not for sale.

I was also told that the Fiesta ST would make a good first car for me. Then I told them that I already have a Focus ST.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts