Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke with the Ford rep at the Woodward dream cruise.
Better brakes, suspension, dark gray wheels standard with black an option, and a redesigned console. More room I'm door panels with cup holders.
Console has cups vertical, small area for phone under radio with 12 volt outlet in front of shifter for phone.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Sweet that means the Rado Grey wheels will be more available when ST owners trade up..

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Sweet that means the Rado Grey wheels will be more available when ST owners trade up..
Trade up for redesigned interior and some suspension tweaks?

I don't think so unless someone (literally) has money to burn.
In that case, why would they be driving a ST?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I dont really like the new front end as much, but the other stuff sounds good.
Me neither, seems like ford is trying to get all the front ends the same aston martin style grille's.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
I dont really like the new front end as much, but the other stuff sounds good.
Chances are the 15 doesn't have bigger brakes than the post around mid March 2014 build cars that got the 1/2" larger rotors already and a 17" dissimilar spare tire.

Oh and the rear is even worse than the front IMO especially with that huge black pontiac plastic cladding and shrunken tail lamps without changing the body side and fuel door.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Chances are the 15 doesn't have bigger brakes than the post around mid March 2014 build cars that got the 1/2" larger rotors already and a 17" dissimilar spare tire.

Oh and the rear is even worse than the front IMO especially with that huge black pontiac plastic cladding and shrunken tail lamps without changing the body side and fuel door.
I don't understand why ford has to change the body style or add cheesy styling instead of doing funtional changes, like a bbk or a diff? I guess it cheaper to do a redo for a mid cycle model perhaps? Hope the foci stays for a few yrs that way.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
I don't understand why ford has to change the body style or add cheesy styling instead of doing funtional changes, like a bbk or a diff?
It's very easy to understand.

The RS is the "hot" one, not the ST.

The ST is reasonably priced so Ford cannot afford to use any goodies like a LSD, big brakes, etc. but rather they must borrow key components (engine, trans, brakes, etc.) from existing "non-performance" vehicles.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I'm hoping they sell like hot cakes so Ford will be impressed to bring the RS here![clap]

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I'm hoping they sell like hot cakes so Ford will be impressed to bring the RS here![clap]
Both ST's are selling beyond what Ford North America expected. They are actually adding more ST's to production next year.

And the next RS will see North American terra firma

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
And the next RS will see North American terra firma
It will be interesting to see how many ST owners (many of whom traded in their "regular" mk3 Focus for their ST) will want to trade in their ST for a RS.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts