Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question:

Would the new ST rear bumper look better if the rear bumper inserts were removed and then painted the same color as the body?

It might not look sooooo weird.

What do you all think?

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Question:

Would the new ST rear bumper look better if the rear bumper inserts were removed and then painted the same color as the body?

It might not look sooooo weird.

What do you all think?
No it would still look like a Pontiac Grand Am IMO as the ribbed plastic just screams 1990s Pontiac Grand Am with or without being body color (as it nearly is on a black car).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree. Perhaps someone would make a flat insert. Or better yet, just remove the insert and use some body filler.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Looks "OK" to me. matches and balances the front area. So not a problem to my eye.
The black areas tend to 'lift' the car up in appearance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess if I see the new ST in person, I might have a different idea about it. Some people like it and some don't.

·
Registered
763 Posts
They made them too small without doing anything to spice up the added realistate. Makes it a tad bland for such an aggressive front.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Yes I see the resemblance [hah]

Pontiac inspired ribbing [8][goofydrunk][dunno]
Yeah, here's another car that stole their styling from Pontiac:

[thumbd]

The Ferrari doesn't look that similar and predates the GM product by many years.

Meh. I guess we'll have to wait and see, but personally I find it to be trying too hard and is a huge step backwards.

The side shot is a clearer representation of the cheap plastic ribbing on the Grand Am, more so than the rear. However I said it reminds me of this, but perhaps the designers were not attempting to emulate this.

I just don't like the ugly full width plastic ribs, along with the pinched tail lamps and the other aesthetic changes which do not suit the unchanged body structure of the MK3 and MK3 ST. Maybe you guys will love it[dunno]

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
IMO, the "ribs" look OK with darker body colors (low contrast).

With lighter colors (especially yellow and white), they are quite prominent and thus less pleasing to the eyes.

·
Deutsche Arsche
2,549 Posts
Why do you all keep using the E-spec ST photos?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[dunno] I don't know, the new ST is starting to look not too bad. I might trade my 13 ST in for the 15 ST. Maybe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts