Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2015 SCCA Autocross H-Street #93 Campaign (2002 Focus SVT)

9366 Views 27 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  jfairey
Hi,

I am planning on running the 2015 autocross season in SCCA H-Street class in my 2002 Focus SVT. I am a couple year member of this forum, and I am on my 4th SVT right now.

I come from a mild racing background (stock cars, road racing, and autocross). Looking to do autocross again next year full time. I live in Central North Carolina and am within 2 hours of some great events all year long against National Champions across the board.

This is one of my previous autocross cars I ran - 1999 Saab 9-3 Turbo:

I ran it in Street Mod, DSP and STX while I had it. Was heavily tuned at one point but was heavy and not a lot of great autocross related aftermarket support was available.

In April of this year, I purchased my 4th Ford Focus SVT. I have owned two 3-door SVT's and two 5-door SVT's. This one is a 2002 two-door SVT, no EAP package, and factory sunroof included. Had 140k miles on it when I bought it and almost completely stock. Only aftermarket part right now is a short ram CAI that will be replaced with a stock SVT airbox and drop in K&N very soon.

Since then I have replaced the following:
- rebuilt most of the upper end of the motor to stock specs, adjusting valves, etc
- timing belt, water pump, thermostat, radiator hoses, etc
- clutch slave cylinder
- new fan, and stock heat shield
- IRMC
- new starter and battery
- new front end links
- new stock focus svt struts

Right around 145k miles now, but getting very reliable and continuing to replace most worn OEM parts with new Motorcraft ones. I have a lot left to get it ready before the season starts in late February or early March.

I am going to use this forum as a way to record my progress, event results, get help with prep, etc. I will write a few posts this weeks discussing plans, mods, etc. Please subscribe for some great content and SVT autocross technical talk!

Thanks!
Jr.
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
3,056 Posts
call around to some machine shops.

I had a buddy do it once for me. His work happpened to have a really big lathe (it held the wheel by the outer edge. but I imagine a regular mill could be used as well.

· Registered
256 Posts
Since the season is starting up again, are crash bolts allowed on the SVT for getting more alignment? I'm guessing no from what I have read but I figured I would ask.
There are no "crash bolts" for the SVT, our struts don't attach that way.

· Registered
18 Posts
So now that season in getting into swing what are you guys using for wheels and tires? I'm still figuring it out

· Registered
15 Posts
I have ZII Star Specs on the SVT , I have not autocrossed that this year as I am planning on selling it as I want to go down a different path. That is in a 225/45/16.

On the FiST I have another set of ZII Star Specs (225/45/16) as they are a good tire, but if you are looking at the pointy end of things or you want to have the newest hotness the Bridgestone RE71R is looking to be the fastest for most applications. The stones are a 205/50/16 so they would work on the Focus as well.

· Registered
13 Posts
Well in my part of town, Colorado, Im in the STS Division with some mods a bigger thorttle body, K&N typhoon, Einbach sway bars 21 in front 25 in rear, bilstein pss10 suspension, under pulley kit, MSD coil pack, T2 diff, fswerks exhaust set, and quick shifter.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.