Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have one, but I have seen two on the road here in North Texas already (they were base model sedans from the look of them), so I thought it would be cool to see who is already rolling around in a 2015... Apparently they are out there in small numbers...

So who's joined the 2015 club? Post up!

Pics of your car are a welcome sight of course...

[clap]

·
Registered
115 Posts
I saw a 2015 sedan parked on the street in Washington, D.C., a couple of weeks ago. It looked like it was a rental car. Thought it was kind of odd that they're getting the new model already.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm waiting to test drive a 1.0. Just want to make sure it's fast enough to merge at a reasonable speed.

Planning a 1.0 SE Hatchback with the Cold Weather Package. Still disappointed you can't get the SE EcoBoost Package with the hatchback. [rant]

·
-----<M>-----
2,724 Posts
I saw a 2015 sedan parked on the street in Washington, D.C., a couple of weeks ago. It looked like it was a rental car. Thought it was kind of odd that they're getting the new model already.
45% of sales in the first months after the Mk3 came out were to fleets. [dunno]

·
Registered
207 Posts
Really? I hadn't seen that. I played around with the configurator on the Ford website, and it let me select the 1.0 engine for an SE hatchback.

http://bp3.ford.com/2015-Ford-Focus#/Technology/
You can get the 1.0 engine option (99E - $795) with the hatchback, but not the SE Ecoboost package (67E - $1,495) that you can add to the sedan. .

The SE Ecoboost package on the sedan includes:
● 1.0L EcoBoost® Engine with Start-Stop
● 17” Machined-Aluminum Wheel with Black Painted Pockets
● Body Kit – Front Lower Valence & Splitter – Painted Body-Color Rocker Panels – Rear Valence & Diffuser
● Fog Lamps
● Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
● Rear Disc Brakes
● Rear Spoiler

So, for a measly $700 extra you add the full body kit, 17" wheels, rear disc brakes, leather wrapped wheels and fog lights. An absolute bargain you can't have with the hatch. Ford?! I'd gladly pay $2,495 to add that package to the hatch.

·
Registered
115 Posts
You can get the 1.0 engine option (99E - $795) with the hatchback, but not the SE Ecoboost package (67E - $1,495) that you can add to the sedan.
I see what you mean. That's similar to the '12 SE Sport package and the '13 SE Appearance package, both of which were pretty nice bundles. I got the Appearance package on my '13 hatch, and with the exception of the leather seats that I'd prefer not to have, I'm really glad I got it.

That's certainly goofy of them to offer something similar on the 1.0 sedan but not the hatchback.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm waiting to test drive a 1.0. Just want to make sure it's fast enough to merge at a reasonable speed.

Planning a 1.0 SE Hatchback with the Cold Weather Package. Still disappointed you can't get the SE EcoBoost Package with the hatchback. [rant]
When you do get a chance to drive one I would like to know your opinion. I am considering a 1.0L with Cold Weather package as well. Nice heated steering wheel!

Acceleration runs at the magazine rags suggest 0-60 MPH in 8.5 seconds and this guy says 0-62 in 9:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksRLh6JY9-I

His acceleration run is a little past the 3.0 minute mark. Seems pretty decent. It's supposed to have more torque at lower RPM than the 2.0LTiVCT.

·
Registered
207 Posts
When you do get a chance to drive one I would like to know your opinion. I am considering a 1.0L with Cold Weather package as well. Nice heated steering wheel!

Acceleration runs at the magazine rags suggest 0-60 MPH in 8.5 seconds and this guy says 0-62 in 9:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksRLh6JY9-I

His acceleration run is a little past the 3.0 minute mark. Seems pretty decent. It's supposed to have more torque at lower RPM than the 2.0LTiVCT.
One of the three 1.0s I see in-stock on cars.com (real pictures from the dealer) is near me. Hopefully get over there in the next few days. I've seen 0-60 times ranging from 9 to 11 seconds. 11+ is getting pretty slow. Maybe that torque means a rolling start is actually pretty quick like you say. We'll see. :)

My BMW is published at about 8.5 seconds and that's plenty fast for merging. My old MINI is closer to 9.5 and that was still ok, but getting on the minimum acceptable side.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I see what you mean. That's similar to the '12 SE Sport package and the '13 SE Appearance package, both of which were pretty nice bundles. I got the Appearance package on my '13 hatch, and with the exception of the leather seats that I'd prefer not to have, I'm really glad I got it.

That's certainly goofy of them to offer something similar on the 1.0 sedan but not the hatchback.
We can trade seats if you don't like your leather seats ... I am only 1h20 from Vermont at the border :)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I looked at a "s" sedan at the dealer. What a contrast from my Ti! The new door lock location is nice though.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I ordered mine, a Magnetic Grey 2015 Focus Titanium Hatchback. I ordered all the options. Technology Package, Cold Weather package, 18" wheel package, Active Park Assist, Moonroof, etc. Waiting for it to be built, which is supposedly going to happen early March. Until then it's a waiting game.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Iam there :)
Here is my Danish 2015 Titanium Wagon.

Nice wagon. I like it. I think there's a market for it here in the U.S. but Ford apparently disagrees. Seems like there's still a large SUV market here which detracts from potential small wagon type buyers. On the other hand Subaru seems to have a lock on that market segment with their Legacy and Outback products and they seem very popular. Makes me wonder why Ford isn't pursuing it. I'd buy one in a heart beat.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Mine's on order.

2015 Metallic Grey Titanium hatchback, with only the Sat nav added in. I was also given the same time estimate of late March delivery... I hope it's sooner than that!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Mine's on order.

2015 Metallic Grey Titanium hatchback, with only the Sat nav added in. I was also given the same time estimate of late March delivery... I hope it's sooner than that!
Congrats on your new Focus, PuttPuttVroom! [wiggle]

If you need any help with tracking, I can assist. Just let me know; I'll get the required information and provide updates as they become available.

Nikki
Ford Service CA

1 - 20 of 60 Posts