Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 ford focus se automatic.now to the point 5 months before when my car was at 95000Km (59000miles), I started feeling jerking and my clutch slipping while riding and took it to the dealership they said I have to replace the clutch and the control module I said ok since it was covered under warranty. Then it happened again at 116000km and I took it in they said my transmission fork shifter have rust in them and that's the reason behind the clutch wear out and I have to pay around 1800 to fix the rust and i asked for a reason for rust they said the car sat for too long. help me PLS

1. Is there anything I could do?
2. Should I pay the money to fix it?

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have a 2015 ford focus se automatic.now to the point 5 months before when my car was at 95000Km (59000miles), I started feeling jerking and my clutch slipping while riding and took it to the dealership they said I have to replace the clutch and the control module I said ok since it was covered under warranty. Then it happened again at 116000km and I took it in they said my transmission fork shifter have rust in them and that's the reason behind the clutch wear out and I have to pay around 1800 to fix the rust and i asked for a reason for rust they said the car sat for too long. help me PLS

1. Is there anything I could do?
2. Should I pay the money to fix it?
My question for them would be, how do you know the shift fork is rusted to the extent that it is causing shifting problems? The shift fork is located inside the transmission so you can't even see it with the transmission removed. You still have to do a good bit of disassembly.

Seems to me like they are making something up to get you to pay for the failure of something that should be covered under warranty. I would have it evaluated by another shop without telling them what the previous diagnosis was.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts