Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 2015 Ford Focus SE fan is not working. We have done the following:

1. replaced thermostat
  2. replaced the temperature sensor - reset computer
  3. replaced the fan assembly; also confirmed the fan worked using a battery
  4. replaced fan controller
  5. replaced coolant sensor
  6. replaced the R12 relay and Junction 8 in the battery junction box
The fan is still not working....any ideas????

·
Registered
2012 Focus SE hatchback black
1,100 Posts
I think there are 3 relays that operate the fan. The a/c relay and 2 dedicated fan relays. Does the fan even come on with the a/c?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Look in your owners manual for a fuse diagram and it'll show you locations for all the fuse boxes and their contents.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Checked the manual and we have replaced all 3 (fuse and relays) fan still not working

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
The grill shutters might be hooked into the circuit as well but I don't think they have anything to do with the fan coming on or not.
The fan plug/pigtail can melt and it has been known to happen. I would inspect where it plugs into the module and also where it plugs into the fan motor.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I believe the fan resistor is integral with it but I can't remember. If the resistor is burned out then that will also keep the fan from coming on at all.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Take a test light, multimeter, or voltage detector then start at the fan and work backwards to see where power stops flowing. It'd be easier if you have a wiring diagram so you know what's power and ground.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had similar issues on my 2015 2.0L. Had to hot wire the fan to the battery for a few days until I got the fan control module from a wrecking yard. Plugged it in and fixed the issue. For those that might try to wire the fan to the battery, make sure you have the positive and negative wired correctly or the fan will blow the opposite direction and you'll still have overheating issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I guess the control module that I got from the wrecking yard failed as well. But this time when I wired the fan, my car will still start to get hot. I don't know if my fan isn't kicking into high gear now or what. Can't figure that one out. I'm going to get a new module and try that. And a fan I presume if the problem persist after I get the new one installed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts