Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has already been answered but I can't find anything about it. I can't seem to find the adjuster for my headlights on a 2015 Ford Focus SE. The manual shows a picture of where it is supposed to be but it's not there on the car and I can tell that they used a picture of 2014 headlight which is a slightly different shape. Could anyone help me out?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Sorry if this has already been answered but I can't find anything about it. I can't seem to find the adjuster for my headlights on a 2015 Ford Focus SE. The manual shows a picture of where it is supposed to be but it's not there on the car and I can tell that they used a picture of 2014 headlight which is a slightly different shape. Could anyone help me out?
Do you have a picture of the light handy, im not home right now so i cant go and check on mine.

Page 221 of the owners manual should show where the adjuster is located.

Has your car had the headlamp replaced(aftermarket)?

Just incase you needed it...

Headlamp Adjustment

All headlamp types

NOTE: Refer to the Owner's Literature for the headlamp adjustment screw location.

NOTE: Consult your state vehicle inspection manual for recommended tolerance ranges for visual aiming.

NOTE: Horizontal aim is not adjustable.

Identify the headlamp type. Vehicles are equipped with Visually Optically Aligned Left (VOL) or Visually Optically Aligned Right (VOR) headlamps. Molded in small letters on the headlamp lens is one of the following: VOL and SAE or VOR and SAE.

NOTE: Before starting headlamp adjustment, entry conditions must be met.

Vehicle must be on level ground.

Tires must be correctly inflated.

Vehicle must be normally loaded.

Headlamps must be clean.

Headlamps must operate correctly.

Air suspension switch must be on (if equipped).

NOTE: The vertical wall or screen must be a minimum of 2.4 m (8ft) wide.

Park the vehicle on a level surface approximately 7.6 m (25 ft) from the vertical wall or screen directly in front of it.

NOTE: The bulb center of the low beam bulb is sometimes marked on the lens (circle, crosshair or other mark) or is the center of the low beam reflector, bulb shield or the low beam projector inner lens.

Measure the center of the headlamp height to ground and record the measurement.

NOTE: Use a 2.4 m (8 ft) section of masking tape for the horizontal reference line.

For vehicles with headlamp bulb center heights below 95 cm (37.5 inches), place the horizontal reference line equal to the headlamp bulb center height.

For vehicles with headlamp bulb center heights between 95 cm - 105 cm (37.5 - 41.5 inches), place the horizontal reference line at the headlamp bulb center height minus 1.3 cm (0.5 inch).

For vehicles with headlamp bulb center heights above 105 cm (41.5 inches), place the horizontal reference line at the headlamp bulb center height minus 2.5 cm (1.0 inch).

NOTE: Carry out this procedure in a dark environment to effectively see the headlamp beam pattern.

Turn the low beam headlamps on to illuminate the wall or screen and open the hood.

NOTE: The cut off of the beam pattern is the horizontal line of the beam pattern where there is MAXIMUM change between light and dark.

On the wall or screen, locate the cut off of the beam pattern.

VOR-type headlamps

VOR-type headlamps

NOTE: Procedure applies to both left and right headlamps with VOR molded on lens.

NOTE: The appearance of the VOR beam pattern may vary between vehicles.

There is a distinct cutoff in the right portion of the beam pattern.

1 - Horizontal reference line

2 - Cut off

3 - High intensity zone

NOTE: Align one headlamp while covering the other headlamp.

Align the headlamps to the horizontal reference line. Adjust the headlamp as necessary using the headlamp adjusting screw.

Repeat the previous step for the remaining headlamp.

VOL-type headlamps

VOL-type headlamps

NOTE: Procedure applies to both left and right headlamps with VOL molded on lens.

NOTE: The appearance of the VOL beam pattern may vary between vehicles.

For VOL-type headlamps, there is a distinct cutoff in the left portion of the beam pattern. The edge of this cutoff should be positioned 5 CM (2 in) below the horizontal reference line.

1 - Horizontal reference line

2 - Cut off

3 - High intensity zone

NOTE: Align one headlamp while covering the other headlamp.

Align the headlamps to the horizontal reference line. Adjust the headlamp as necessary using the headlamp adjusting screw.

Repeat the previous step for the remaining headlamp.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so I actually found the adjuster before I posted this but didn't realize that was it. Reason being when I turned it nothing happened, or so I thought. You have to turn it about 20 times before you notice any movement of the light at all. Also the manual shows it at the top of the headlight when it's actually behind it.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Funny I needed to see where the adjuster is.

I am currently retrofitting my headlights for 2015 Focus HB. So I gotta turn the nut on that adjuster to adjust beam vertically?

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
Do you need a screw driver or will it turn by hand? [scratch]

·
Registered
530 Posts
I need to do this to mine. At some point the driver headlight was adjusted way too high. I hate being the guy blinding everyone

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Arco-Zakus

·
Registered
365 Posts
If you still have a warranty I'd have your dealer look at it. I realize some have mods that could affect the headlight alignment but the dealer should have special tools for aiming the beam correctly.

·
Registered
530 Posts
If you still have a warranty I'd have your dealer look at it. I realize some have mods that could affect the headlight alignment but the dealer should have special tools for aiming the beam correctly.
It literally took 30 seconds with a phillips screwdriver. Much better now.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

Reactions: D*2.3

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem with my 2015 Ford Focus sedan. There are only 2 screws that hold my headlight assembly to the car. I wish I had just taken them off to begin with because that was the only way to figure out what was going on and make any serious adjustment. (Some instructions are inadequate, while others are just wrong I rotated the adjustment clockwise to lower the beam. These days instead of flashing your lights at you, one might just shoot you for such a thing. If you desire keep track of how much you turned the adjustment and what the difference is so you can calculate your correction without putting the assembly in and out a lot of times. Of course I only put the screws back in one time at the end.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts