Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't gotten anywhere with Ford, so I've decided to try here. I live in southern Illinois, and had to drive to south Alabama to look at a university. On the way back, the car decided to start smelling like burnt clutch and started flashing every light, forcing us to pull over, and stranding us 275 miles from home in Ardmore TN. It lost all gears, and wouldn't even register reverse. My assumption is that it blew the clutch and the TCM at the same time. Called almost every dealer within 120 miles, none would even touch it. They wouldn't tow it, wouldn't look at it, and especially wouldn't give a loaner. Called tow companies to tow it across the states to just get it home, all backed out due to the car having nonexistent gears. Had to tow it ourselves, at our own expense to our local dealer where it sat starting October 3 2019. Ford will only say that the trans(the wonderful dct) has been backordered and we're basically screwed. We purchased it used in Illinois, powertrain under warranty, and I'm wondering what our options are. Cash reward to whoever can lead us to getting the car either bought back or fixed. We're out of options.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts