Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I have a 2015 Focus S 2.0L. I wanna try to at least touch 200hp on it. It’s fun to drive but I need some more power in it. I wanna try to get CARB legal parts cuz Cali emissions is a pain. Any recommendations on would I should do to it to get more power? Parts? I appreciate the help!

·
Registered
2013 Focus SE gray 5 spd hatch
1,481 Posts
Yeah, you won't get to 200hp in California with an SE and even in a less constrictive state you wouldn't realistically ever get near 200hp without a turbo or extreme mods like a performance head, race cam, and even more compression all of which aren't even going to be an option in CA.
My suggestion is to sell it and buy an ST because that's the only way that you'll be able to get 200hp or more from a Focus in your highly regulated state. You can't modify the exhaust, intake, or get a tune either. No other mods that increase emissions are allowed there.
There's not much of anything at all that you can do. To begin with it's not a Mustang with lots of CARB legal parts available and even if it was you'd be VERY limited even then in your restrictive home state.
The MK3 Focus already gets about 160hp which is pretty damn good for a NA 4 cylinder. In contrast an ST gets 252hp.
You could get a K&N filter for your stock air box I suppose. There's nothing else that I can think of. If I were you I'd concentrate on lowering it, making it handle better, and maybe upgrading the brakes to ST brakes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts