Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know around when the new focus will come out? My sister is interested in buying one but wants to wait to get the 2015 model since it should be right around the corner.

I wasn't able to pin down a date on google but maybe someone here has heard from Ford.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Currently it's looking like either very late 2014 or not before 2015 proper this time.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Does anyone know around when the new focus will come out? My sister is interested in buying one but wants to wait to get the 2015 model since it should be right around the corner.

I wasn't able to pin down a date on google but maybe someone here has heard from Ford.
Latest information for 2015 Focus Start of production is December 08.
With Christmas holiday shut down and no issues with assembly, I would expect units to hit the dealerships late January early February 2015.
Source http://www.phharval.com/home/news-and-media/build-out-start-up/ford-fleet-cars

Euro Focus Start of production is October 23, with units supposedly arriving at dealerships end of November.
Also the 2015 Euro ST is to begin production mid November.

Very curious why Ford North American 2015 Focus start of production is delayed.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Makes sense to me, why not stage start up to take advantage of lessons learned when the first operation goes on line.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I honestly think the 2014 is much better looking than the 2015. I haven't seen anything the 2015 offers that is worth the changes in looks. I hate the steering wheel in the 2015. The cruise controls in the 12-14 is just a better setup and requires no looking at the wheel to set, cancel or resume.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I honestly think the 2014 is much better looking than the 2015. I haven't seen anything the 2015 offers that is worth the changes in looks. I hate the steering wheel in the 2015. The cruise controls in the 12-14 is just a better setup and requires no looking at the wheel to set, cancel or resume.
I think the EATC on the '15 looks much cleaner and modern.

The interior in general just looks more mature.

I'm a real symmetry buff though and the fact they got rid of the media/voice button controls to the right of the steering wheel for the '14 (and carried over to the '15) bugs me!

·
Registered
313 Posts
I think the EATC on the '15 looks much cleaner and modern.

The interior in general just looks more mature.

I'm a real symmetry buff though and the fact they got rid of the media/voice button controls to the right of the steering wheel for the '14 (and carried over to the '15) bugs me!
The EATC is a huge improvement along with an actual storage bin under it (how i wish i had that). The steering wheel looks more upscale at the huge cost of usability. Other than that the interior is exactly (except the door lock button was moved) the same as the current Focues.

·
Registered
326 Posts
the seats are supposedly improved, as well as reduced cabin noise

The EATC is a huge improvement along with an actual storage bin under it (how i wish i had that). The steering wheel looks more upscale at the huge cost of usability. Other than that the interior is exactly (except the door lock button was moved) the same as the current Focues.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm thinking of buying a 2015 1.0. I like the changes a lot. The nose and interior are what needed the most attention in my opinion. Although, I think they still did the Fusion nose better than the 2015 Focus.

Like the Fiesta, I also see a few differences between the US spec and Euro spec cars on the interior - despite claims of a "world car". The euro cars don't appear have that gloss, Sony branded control panel for the MFT. They get normal buttons which I like better.

I've sat in the new Golf, and wow that's a nice cabin. Ford definitely needed to update the Focus interior to keep up with that.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Anyone know when a 2015 can be ordered?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Anyone know when a 2015 can be ordered?
I think someone in another thread said it was just a couple weeks from now. But you still wouldn't be able to get the 1.0 until early 2015, like Ford.com says. The 2.0 available towards the end of this year. But who knows - that's not really implied on Ford.com with the "in showrooms early 2015" note.

I did see the Ford press release says the 1.0 engine in the Focus would be built in Craiova, Romania. Isn't the US market 1.0 built in Germany now? Are they ramping up production in Romania and that's hold-up?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I think someone in another thread said it was just a couple weeks from now. But you still wouldn't be able to get the 1.0 until early 2015, like Ford.com says. The 2.0 available towards the end of this year. But who knows - that's not really implied on Ford.com with the "in showrooms early 2015" note.

I did see the Ford press release says the 1.0 engine in the Focus would be built in Craiova, Romania. Isn't the US market 1.0 built in Germany now? Are they ramping up production in Romania and that's hold-up?
Ford Canada's website says "Available Winter 2014" so does that mean December 21st? Lol.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm even curious to what packages and options are available. I think for 2014 the Fiesta 1.0 was only available with steel wheels and other very basic stuff. For 2015 they added the EcoBoost sport package with more goodies.

I know the 2015 Focus 1.0 comes with black 17" alloys and rear discs, but I'm wondering if they'll limit other options on it?

This video mentions the Titanium model add soft touch door panels. Might be a nice upgrade for guy to do to their SEs in the future? http://youtu.be/OSCWrcGASLI

1 - 18 of 18 Posts