Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well once again Ford has let me down. I was looking to replace my totaled 2013 with a 2015 Titanium, but it seems the 2015 Ti will not get HID head lights again. Only the electric and ST2 and 3 will get them, even though all the pre-production pics on the Ford website clearly showed HID on models other than those. I'm so disgusted with Ford doing this again. Thanks for letting me rant and vent my frustrations.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
That does suck. i never understood why they didnt at least put them on the TI models. you could always buy the replicas for less then $300 though.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's why I waited for the 2015 because it looked as if they had become standard for the Titanium. And now to find this out just pi$$es me off. And that I would have to spend an additional $300 to fix something that shouldn't be a problem is a problem within itself. Look at all the Kias, Hyundais, Nissans, and Dodges that put a projector headlights on their cars. And Ford cheaps out the US market again by not making them a standard on the highest trim level, the electric and St are separate classes to me. It's probably not getting an exhaust cut out either, just like the 2012-14.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
So the reason you wanted a new 2015 Focus was because you thought it was equipped with HID's?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Basically, and the redesigned front. I totaled my 2013, and figured I'd wait for the 15s. Things I had read and had seen lead me to believe they would be available.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Well once again Ford has let me down. I was looking to replace my totaled 2013 with a 2015 Titanium, but it seems the 2015 Ti will not get HID head lights again. Only the electric and ST2 and 3 will get them, even though all the pre-production pics on the Ford website clearly showed HID on models other than those. I'm so disgusted with Ford doing this again. Thanks for letting me rant and vent my frustrations.
if it means that much to you, couldn't you install your own ?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Doesn't seem like it would be that hard to just OFFER a separate lighting package with Xenons. VW does it with the new Golf.

I don't care strongly either way, but I probably would have paid for Xenons if it was an option.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I could install my own, but I shouldn't have to these days since so many other manufacturers see fit to put appropriate lighting on their new cars, projector, HID, LED. Reflector headlight tech is old school, not what I would want or expect from a new 21st century vehicle that costs close to $30K fully loaded.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
"Reflector tech is so old school"

Sorry, I just had to chuckle - since the largest problem I've had with vehicles having "projectors" is the silvering on the reflectors giving up.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I could install my own, but I shouldn't have to these days since so many other manufacturers see fit to put appropriate lighting on their new cars, projector, HID, LED. Reflector headlight tech is old school, not what I would want or expect from a new 21st century vehicle that costs close to $30K fully loaded.
Usually I can't stand people complaining like this, but you're on point with this one.

American car companies originally went downhill because of skimping out on little things like this and skimping on quality materials. I hope they're not falling back into their old ways, because MANY other manufacturers offer it, if it's not standard.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Usually I can't stand people complaining like this, but you're on point with this one.

American car companies originally went downhill because of skimping out on little things like this and skimping on quality materials. I hope they're not falling back into their old ways, because MANY other manufacturers offer it, if it's not standard.
Exactly. I had such high hopes for the 2015 being the Focus with everything, even BLIS and Lane departure warning, and now not even a decent set of projector head lights with HID.[V]

·
Registered
845 Posts
If I can wait that long I'll get the RS and give up the safety features of BLIS and Lane Departure warning for HIDs and 330 ALL WHEEL HORSEPOWER.
No offense to anyone thinking about getting the RS, but if you're going to drop around $40K for a car, I'd go with something a bit better than a Focus.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Top Gear really seemed to like the new 2015. The interior changes, and they said driving dynamics have been adjusted as well.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/ford/focus/road-test/my2015
Yeah and in the article the Titanium X trim has a nice set of projector headlights with HIDs no doubt. Once again the European market gets the "goods" while we get the scraps. This is what upsets me the most, and not that it's not a standard feature, but it's not even an option for us here in the homeland.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yeah and in the article the Titanium X trim has a nice set of projector headlights with HIDs no doubt. Once again the European market gets the "goods" while we get the scraps. This is what upsets me the most, and not that it's not a standard feature, but it's not even an option for us here in the homeland.
I'd love to buy a fully optioned Focus Titanium X sedan like that but I think in the end ford corporate decided that it's not economically feasible to offer that. My friends still say " it's a focus " when I show and tell the Focus St or RS

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I saw a nice, fully loaded 2014 white Titanium today for $21K, thinking of making an offer on it and skipping the 2015. I have a lot of things left from my 2013 that will fit right in and put it back to the way I want, plus getting a pair of projectors. All in all it will be way cheaper than the 15 and I'll have projectors, just won't have BLIS and Lane departure warning, but didn't have that on my 13.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts