Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here. Looking at getting a titanium MY15+

HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS:

-Is it true that on the 2016's we can upgrade to sync 3 and have android auto/apple carplay with a simple firmware update via usb? I am asking cause android auto's official website says it's only on the 2017's.

-Can the 2015's be upgraded to sync 3 the same way 2016's can or do we need to do a retrofit?

-When looking at buying a titanium, if I want the tech package that has the auto high beams & lane keep system where do I look to see if it has it?

-Does the active park assist (w/ the sensors on the front bumper) also tell me how close I am to the car in front of me when I am parking the vehicle manually? (IE: when I am not using active park assist)

-The heated steering wheel button... I see on the 2017 & 18's it's next to the transmission shifter. What about on the 2015-2016?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Welcome to FF.....throw up your thread in the mk3 section.

·
Registered
25 Posts
-When looking at buying a titanium, if I want the tech package that has the auto high beams & lane keep system where do I look to see if it has it?
For the auto high beams, it should be a simple as looking for the automatic "A" setting on the head light dial. The lane keeping system can be turned off with a button on the turn signal stalk, so I would assume that if this switch is not present, neither is the lane keeping system (which in all honesty, doesn't really work that good - I only occasionally feel it doing anything, and I have it set for maximum intensity).

-Does the active park assist (w/ the sensors on the front bumper) also tell me how close I am to the car in front of me when I am parking the vehicle manually? (IE: when I am not using active park assist)
All I know is that without park assist (mine doesn't have it), there are no front bumper sensors, or at least nothing in the car that indicates you are getting close to something (though there are sensors and indicators for the back).

·
Registered
411 Posts
I saw a Focus a few months back that had a broad area blacked out around the rearview mirror, as viewed from the exterior of the car. Close inspection showed some sensors more then my standard 15Ti has. Maybe that is part of the lane keep guidance. It was quite noticeable for how large the blacked out area was compared to my car.

I found a link that confirms it:
https://www.ford.com/technology/driver-assist-technology/lane-keeping-system/

As for Sync 3, you need the 16 model year is what I was just reading about in another thread here the other day.
https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/mk3-focus/762794-sync-3-usb-hub-apple-carplay.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts