Focus Fanatics Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Dimtattoos,

Disclaimer: I will be of limited help (not an auto tech, just a hobbyist).

Have you pulled codes? AutoZone can read codes (or you can buy a code reader or you can get Forscan) but the codes are needed to sort out what needs looking at (it is, after all, an electronic transmission).

Is the TCM OEM or remanufactured (or pulled from a wrecking yard)? When our TCM failed last year i looked at many eBay offerings and pretty much all of them were not OEM or new. A reman TCM may be OK but it probably needs to be programmed (by the dealer).

Did you have the TCM reprogrammed by the dealer? Our new TCM had to be programmed, presumably, with the the latest shift strategy.

Is your car drivable? If so, what symptoms (missing shifts? shuddering shfits?) is the transmission showing?

HTH,

Chris

·
Registered
2014 Ford Focus
1 Posts
My daughter has a 2014 Focus with 45,000 miles. She purchased the car new and has maintained it by the book. Today the check engine light came on and the car shuttered. Engine code P090C is the culprit. All repair shops are full until late July. I wonder if someone can give me a range of cost to repair the issue? What would the most like cause be?

·
Registered
2014 Focus SE Hb & 2018 Focus SE Sedan
167 Posts
My daughter has a 2014 Focus with 45,000 miles. She purchased the car new and has maintained it by the book. Today the check engine light came on and the car shuttered. Engine code P090C is the culprit. All repair shops are full until late July. I wonder if someone can give me a range of cost to repair the issue? What would the most like cause be?
It could be the 'B' clutch actuator, its wiring or the TCM. The TCM is under warranty for 10 years/150K, so if you can get it into a dealer they should be able to diagnose it. However when I had my TCM replaced last summer it was about 8 weeks for the part to arrive.

Good Luck, Rod

PS, you might check the ground connections under the Air cleaner box for corrosion...

21 - 23 of 23 Posts