Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i know that some members who own a 2014 MK3 have been able to lower their car's by using 2013 mk3 front struts and then using the springs sold for the 2012-2013 MK3. Does anyone know if anyone is overing springs for the 2014 mk3 yet? or if there is any other option besides coilovers and replacing the struts available? i know it's not to exspensive to replace the struts but my car is still really low mileage so it seems like a waste to replace the struts already if i dont have to.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
dig around in the MkIII section, I'm remembering one who successfully tried ST springs for '14 in an N/A '14 MkIII.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I think it's not much of a drop, if I remember; there was someone on here I was sure did that....

But, Rock Auto is pretty cheap for struts. I was thinking of going with handling pack units when mine gave out (or even before, if I up my auto-x attendance; it's almost kind of irritating that my struts are lasting this long with the Vogtlands....) in an attempt to improve handling just a bit more. I think all four were $250 shipped.

So, if you change out the fronts to fit the 13 springs, it's "only" another $120 or so. With most springs around $230 or so, you're at $350 to change them out, vs $800 min for coils.

Raceland coils are cheap, but, I've now ridden on them (not in a Focus, though), and I would NOT recommend going that route if you value any kind of ride quality at all.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it's not much of a drop, if I remember; there was someone on here I was sure did that....

But, Rock Auto is pretty cheap for struts. I was thinking of going with handling pack units when mine gave out (or even before, if I up my auto-x attendance; it's almost kind of irritating that my struts are lasting this long with the Vogtlands....) in an attempt to improve handling just a bit more. I think all four were $250 shipped.

So, if you change out the fronts to fit the 13 springs, it's "only" another $120 or so. With most springs around $230 or so, you're at $350 to change them out, vs $800 min for coils.

Raceland coils are cheap, but, I've now ridden on them (not in a Focus, though), and I would NOT recommend going that route if you value any kind of ride quality at all.
I was actually considering the handling package for the struts and shocks. thanks for the tip on where to buy them. this seems like a much better route for me then coils. Althought i'll probably wind up doing all four if i do it with the springs so it would probably be closed to $600. still cheaper then coils though.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
250 shipped for all 4 handling pack struts and 230 or so for springs, even with shipping, you're at $500 there. Not bad.
hell yeah! that's not bad at all. thank you for the info.[pray]

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I noticed on rockauto they have the handling package option and then the performance suspension option. i've never heard of the performance suspension before. is that possibly the fordracing struts/shocks or did ford offer a performance package for the focus? what would be better, handling package or performance package?

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well when i put in what car i have i put the NA option so i would assume it was for the NA but you could be right. they were cheaper then the handling package too.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think i'll just go with the handling package since better handling is what i want lol. makes sense to me.

·
Registered
459 Posts
J, as you go looking for the ST p/n's, pretty sure this is accurate.

Post up on the differences in handling when you get it all bolted up.

Cheers.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295815&highlight=strut
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes

Front Coil Springs - CV61-5310-SG
Front strut (LH) - AST-12281
Front strut (RH) - AST-12287

Rear Coil Springs - CV61-5560-SG
Rear shock - ASH-24518 (include upper shock mounts/bumpstops) [DOES NOT fit non-STs]
Upper front strut mount - AD-1098

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for that! i'm still a few months out getting the suspension stuff. i'm saving for a tune first but i will definitley post results once i get it done!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts