Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought 2014 focus titanium. It came with select shift. It had to be towed at 250 miles and clutch replaced at 800 miles. It is driving real rough again 4000 miles. Everything I have read says the problems are coming from the cars that have select shift. My daughter bought one 2 days after me without the select shift and hers is fine. Will a Trans without select shift fit in my car? I am about to give up. The car is so unpredictable, I hate driving it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
both cars have the same identical transmission

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what is the difference then? I am really confused. Why does one car studder, slip, and doesn't downshift properly, and my biggest worry is if you shut the car off for a short amount of time, it seems to lag or not respond to the accelerator being pushed after you start it again but the other one does. I am trying to find a solution. I thought they were different. Any suggestions? I like the car a lot just can't handle the way it's driving.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the MkIII TSB, Recall & Problems section.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Select shift is just an added feature on certain models. The tranny is the same just with select shift added as a snap on feature. There is a ton of info in this board about the problems with the focus auto transmissions. Take a look...

Are you is using the select shift buttons when you drive? Or are you just putting it in D?

What specifically are the symptoms you are having? You post is a bit light on what's happening exactly.

·
Registered
195 Posts
So what is the difference then? I am really confused. Why does one car studder, slip, and doesn't downshift properly, and my biggest worry is if you shut the car off for a short amount of time, it seems to lag or not respond to the accelerator being pushed after you start it again but the other one does. I am trying to find a solution. I thought they were different. Any suggestions? I like the car a lot just can't handle the way it's driving.
The difference is you got a crappy focus (as did i) and she got a good focus which may or may not become a crappy focus down the road.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good to know I am not alone. I for 1 would love to get it fixed but I don't know if ford knows how to fix them. This is the second focus I have bought that came straight for the citrus grove. I am obligated to go through the lemon law process in my state but I am not bound by the decision of the arbitrator so as I already let Ford know, I would be seeing them in court. This is the 4th lemon since 2000 for me all were won through the arbitration process. The other 2 were VW. I think I am going to stick with Mazda. I know it's a wanna be Ford but I have had 2 and 0 problems!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Last thing I'm going to do is make any decisions or conclusions based on what I read on forums.... All I know is my 2014 Focus is perfectly fine and the wifes stutters occasionally mostly in stop & go runs/errands around town and most people I've spoken to personally that experienced similar issues with their 2012+ Focus's all told me that once they had the latest software update, they were good as new again....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When mine failed to climb a hill at 250 miles, that was one of the things they did, upgrade software. My daughters is great! Mine is a nightmare. Just wish Ford would be honest. I might not have bought the focus but I would have bought the fusion. Now I don't know if I will ever trust Ford again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts