Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little story...
Avoiding to make my homeworks, I thought I would put some leather Recaros ST seats in a 2016 RS. It?s a salvage RS and interior was discusting (moose hit the car). So the same day I bought the ST and the RS to make one! Not an easy job, but we did it. However I had to clean and put back the front RS seats in it. Had to leave the ST back seat as the RS one was not useable! But before I figured the front ST wouldn?t fit, I modified them to put the Block43 logo on them (would not drive a RS with ST on the seats right?!). Anyways, those nice seats are waiting for a new owner!! But thing is that RS seats are quite different that ST seats!! Structure, power, foam. I really thought first they were the same, I was completely wrong!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
580 Posts
It's probably a 2014 versus 2016 difference. Seats from the same model year ST and RS should be identical (or close to it).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Believe me they?re not! Metal frame not the same, airbags different, foam not the same thickness, connectors not the same (2013-2014 vs 2015+), ... tried to fit RS seat cover on ST frame and vice versa. No succes, too different.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Believe me they?re not! Metal frame not the same, airbags different, foam not the same thickness, connectors not the same (2013-2014 vs 2015+), ... tried to fit RS seat cover on ST frame and vice versa. No succes, too different.
I get that, what I'm saying is that all that should be due to model year, not due to ST versus RS. It was said that in 2015 that Ford changed the seats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts