Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Im here seeking for help. My car has under 5k, I have already gotten the clutch replaced and now some of the vents don't blow any air. So I don't know if all should blow air or just some. On the passenger side the car has 3 vents next to the door, top, middle and lower, the middle being the one you get to set the air ' s direction. Only the middle one blows air. On the driver's side vents, both the middle and lower vents blow air. Finally, the center vents are 4, 2 that allow us to change air direction and 2 below them. Out of the lower 2 only the right one blows air.
Is that how it should be or something is wrong?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to MkIII Focus section for more looks.

·
Registered
313 Posts
On the door sides they all blow air. The upper vents blow air if you have the windshield de-fog setting on. They are to clear the side windows near the mirrors. In the center the ones under the stereo blow a little air. If you feel around them you can fee small hoes the air blows though. The upper ones definitely blow air.

Try different settings and make sure all the vents are open.

·
Registered
92 Posts
We just had one of the vents next to the radio in our '14 SE get unhooked from the adjustment slide so it was stuck closed. I opened the louvers with a pen and managed to get them reconnected to the slide....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On the door sides they all blow air. The upper vents blow air if you have the windshield de-fog setting on. They are to clear the side windows near the mirrors. In the center the ones under the stereo blow a little air. If you feel around them you can fee small hoes the air blows though. The upper ones definitely blow air.

Try different settings and make sure all the vents are open.

Ok then my car has 2 vents that should blow air not doing so. Coming to the dealership. Thanks for your help, I was thinking the top side ones may have been from where the ac sucks air.

We just had one of the vents next to the radio in our '14 SE get unhooked from the adjustment slide so it was stuck closed. I opened the louvers with a pen and managed to get them reconnected to the slide....
Hey bud, out of those 2 small vents under the radio only the right one blows air, I own a mechanic shop and can definitely fix it. However; I bought this Focus for 2 reasons, 1 I'm a die hard Ford fan and the first 00 miles car I would purchase couldn't be anything else. 2nd, next month my first kid is coming out of the womb, a boy (YES!!!) So I wanted a brand new car mainly for my girl and piece of mind, so I'm not fixing anything, I'm coming for the warranty. If the needs to be fixed it'll be the 2nd repair.. 1 away to call it a lemon.
Thanks for your help tho! How many miles is your clock at? I'm shy of 5k now.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey bud, out of those 2 small vents under the radio only the right one blows air, I own a mechanic shop and can definitely fix it. However; I bought this Focus for 2 reasons, 1 I'm a die hard Ford fan and the first 00 miles car I would purchase couldn't be anything else. 2nd, next month my first kid is coming out of the womb, a boy (YES!!!) So I wanted a brand new car mainly for my girl and piece of mind, so I'm not fixing anything, I'm coming for the warranty. If the needs to be fixed it'll be the 2nd repair.. 1 away to call it a lemon.
I'm with you, and had planned to get it fixed by the Dealer.; the only reason I fooled with it was to open the flaps up for some air as it was closed, but when I stuck a pen in it I found that ethe mechanism would snap right back on the slide.

It has about 4k right now. No other issues .. :)

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Ok then my car has 2 vents that should blow air not doing so. Coming to the dealership. Thanks for your help, I was thinking the top side ones may have been from where the ac sucks air.

If only the right one blows air then your upper portion of the vent is not open on the other side. Both sides will flow air out the bottom of the vent if you have the upper vent open.

Of course it only flows a fraction of the air of the upper vent though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im gonna have to back up here cause I was at fault not the car. I realized that when I direct the mid vent downwards the little vent under the radio opens up, as I direct the mid vent upwards it closes. Try it. lol Same with the side vents next to the doors. Doesnt make much sense to me but that's how it works.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts