Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello community,

i am glad i found this outlet of focus enthusiasts. my car is total stock and it got that 1st to 2nd gear shake and bake crap [mad], is there any mods you guys suggest to make the car perform better?

Thank you

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hello community,

i am glad i found this outlet of focus enthusiasts. my car is total stock and it got that 1st to 2nd gear shake and bake crap [mad], is there any mods you guys suggest to make the car perform better?

Thank you
1st mod to help with that would be a rear motor mount (rmm). I personally would go with the Cobb rmm straight off. I started with the fswerks insert and it was still a good help, but the Cobb one is much better!

2nd mod to really help get rid of that annoying shudder will be a tune. This will come in handy as you throw more bolt-ons onto the car (if you plan too).

I have a SCT tune through Tom. You'll see his name all over the forums. I would recommend him to anyone asking for a tune.

Welcome to the forums

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1st mod to help with that would be a rear motor mount (rmm). I personally would go with the Cobb rmm straight off. I started with the fswerks insert and it was still a good help, but the Cobb one is much better!

2nd mod to really help get rid of that annoying shudder will be a tune. This will come in handy as you throw more bolt-ons onto the car (if you plan too).

I have a SCT tune through Tom. You'll see his name all over the forums. I would recommend him to anyone asking for a tune.

Welcome to the forums

Sent from my SM-G892A using FF Mobile
preciate the replay, what does this RMM do or rather fix?

·
Registered
120 Posts
preciate the replay, what does this RMM do or rather fix?
Helps a great deal with engine movement under any kind of acceleration. The engine movement results in wheel hop (under more heavy acceleration) and overall connection to the rest of the vehicle. Shifts will be smoother and you'll have an added better "feel" of the engine and transmission.

Best results are gonna come from the tune, though.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
I added "sport mode" to my 2016 SE using FORSCAN and a OBDLink MX adapter. The "L" on your cluster turns into an "S." The tranny now shifts up to all gears but 6th when you shift it all the way to the bottom (where the "L" still is). It changes all the shift points up in RPM and gives me much cleaner shifts. I could replace the shifter to give me the +/- buttons to manually shift, but I don't see the need - yet. FORSCAN is free onlilne and the adapter runs between $50 and $80 on line if you are patient and surf.

If you don't do that, just stomp on the gas and force it to do shifts at higher RPM. Don't creep at low speeds. It is equivalent to riding the clutch in a stick.

·
FF Affiliate
30,370 Posts
There is so much wrong in the post above Im leaving it alone

To the OP , If you have the shudder my Custom Tune helps the actual shudder issue , it greatly improves it or totally fixes it , on top of that you will see better over all driveability , better throttle response , better performance if your looking for that

I sell the SCT XCAL4 , Full Custom Tune , Unlimited lifetime free Tune updates , Datalogging , shipped for 462.00

Mounts or Forscan wont help the shudder issue

I am located in Belmont if you want to come pick it up , I can make the custom Tune for your Focus and load it for you , I am leaving the Country Friday so after that I can still ship it to you

Tom

·
Registered
133 Posts
Had same issue, took car to ford under their lawsuit and got a new clutchpack for free then immediately got Tom's tune. Absolutely no issue now

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2014 ford focus se and I have a transmission shudder when taking off from a start. Would buying a tune fix it? Thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
I just bought a 2014 ford focus se and I have a transmission shudder when taking off from a start. Would buying a tune fix it? Thanks
5 speed or DCT?

If it's the DCT, you are possibly elligible for the warranty extension on the transmission front seals and/or clutch and TCM. I just had both done on my 2012.

A tune is also probably a good idea, but check the warranty extension first before you do anything else.

·
FF Affiliate
30,370 Posts
My tune has shown to drastically improve or cure the DCT Shutter , Many on here have reported my DCT works + all the other benefits you get from my Custom tune , better throttle response , better over all driveability , better MPG , quicker up and down shifts and much more

Tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is so much wrong in the post above Im leaving it alone

To the OP , If you have the shudder my Custom Tune helps the actual shudder issue , it greatly improves it or totally fixes it , on top of that you will see better over all driveability , better throttle response , better performance if your looking for that

I sell the SCT XCAL4 , Full Custom Tune , Unlimited lifetime free Tune updates , Datalogging , shipped for 462.00

Mounts or Forscan wont help the shudder issue

I am located in Belmont if you want to come pick it up , I can make the custom Tune for your Focus and load it for you , I am leaving the Country Friday so after that I can still ship it to you

Tom
Hi Tom, curious in buying a tuner from you but cant seem to figure out anywhere you sell pre loaded tuners. Do I have to buy one, and you send an email with a tune loaded on it? Or do you have a hyperlink to your website? Thanks, Kyle '14 Focus SE Sedan

·
Registered
133 Posts
Link didn't work. And aol ? Are you real
If you're trying to access the link from your phone, try using a computer instead. I seem to recall having issue before when trying to use certain mobile browsers. I just clicked it on my desktop and it loaded right up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts