Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A little help would be appreciated. My car passed inspection but failed the readiness test when the scan tool was hooked up. The car is very well-maintained, it just turned 80K miles

I did have a check engine light a couple weeks ago that was reset by AutoZone. It was P463 pressure in the fuel tank. I believe this is related to the purge valve and fuel tank recall, unfortunately the fix is not available yet. I drove the car for 200 miles and a few of the parameters are still in red, here in PA you are only allowed to have 1 red. As of today I don’t have a check engine light on. What else can I do guys? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Depends on when the codes got wiped, I never heard of a car that took 200 miles to set O2 sensors and the cat, that usually happens pretty quick. The evap can take up to a week to set.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the purge valve go bad on my 2012 se pretty early on....less than 100k...i got the rotten egg smell...after dieing on side of the road a few times i finally got the code for the purge valve and changed and it worked fine since....only thing was, all those tries before changing it and all the rotten egg smell, next thing you know i was getting the code on and off for the cat....after fighting it past 2 inspections i finally had to replace the cat too, which is all one big piece build with exhaust manifold

·
Registered
8 Posts
Purge valve was a cheaper easy fix to do...if they have it in stock id replace it before id wait on ford to do it then get charged for a cat too

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Forgive me for having my head up my -ss, the O2's not resetting and the cat are screaming that repair needs to be made...........

·
Registered
871 Posts
I believe this is related to the purge valve and fuel tank recall, unfortunately the fix is not available yet.
The purge/evap valve is under $50 online. Maybe do it yourself, and hope that Ford will reimburse you under the recall?

I had the recall done a coupled of days ago, but they just loaded new software on mine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: My car passed inspection, it took about 300 miles for everything to reset. I talked to ford they said the recall fix should be available in 30 days.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
The repair not being done is slowly killing your cat, not a cheap part.........faster is better. The fact that cat monitor did not clear fast means likely already some damage there.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Don't know about where you are, but here, I was told that the warranty on the cat was extended, so my 2012 (120,000 km/~75,000 miles) was warrantied.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts