Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, so i have a 2014 ford focus se with the dct. ive already had ford replace the clutchs once, they covered it. but wont do it again. so is there a higher performance or stronger clutch someone knows of that fits in my dct tranny? i feel the clutch disengaging under full throttle in first and second gear, and when you first take off you can feel it slipping and catching repeatedly. this is probably due to my excessive beating off the cars transmission, ( 7000rpm shifting, 3500rpm launching, excessive burnouts, etc etc.) im not interested in beating the car anymore. but im interested in knowing if there is a proper clutch upgrade kit for the dct? i can do the clutch job myself, im a mechanic. but i dont want to spend 400$ on another set of oem clutches if theres a better one out there. if anyone knows of a clutch upgrade for the DCT transmission, please let me know here or give me your feedback. thanks guys

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Currently there are no other options

owner: Rebel Devil Customs
Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Currently there are no other options

owner: Rebel Devil Customs
Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

Nothing I can do at all? Just get another set and hope for the best? When I got my clutches replaced, I didn’t have the dct tuned yet. And I overheated the trans a few times shortly afterwards trying to spin the tires at a standstill. Also didn’t give the clutch any time before flooring it. You think if I got another set of oem clutches and maybe a new actuator, broke the clutch in by gently driving for a hundred miles or so, then it would be alright ? Another issue I’m having with the car since I got the clutches replaced was shifting to second gear slow speed like a normal person, when it hits second, the Rpms don’t drop and it feels like a dead spot with clutch just not grabbing until I let off then every other gear is usually fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
FF Affiliate
30,369 Posts
I have tested on set of " DCT performance clutches " on a Customers car with my Turbo kit thats over 230 wtq but they didnt hold any better then stock , there making another set now but will be a bit before they get here and it gets changed

Your shift issues we should be able to adjust

Tom

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tested on set of " DCT performance clutches " on a Customers car with my Turbo kit thats over 230 wtq but they didnt hold any better then stock , there making another set now but will be a bit before they get here and it gets changed

Your shift issues we should be able to adjust

Tom

Alright Tom, shoot me an email when you have the time.

Simon deAngelis

·
Registered
5 Posts
I can't even get my local dealer to LOOK at my clutch because the extended warranty expired in 15 or 16

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any news on this yet?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts