Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have searched and I have searched. Then I had a cup of coffee and searched some more. I can't find part numbers for the front and rear springs for the 2014 Focus ST. I want to put those springs on my car (to keep things really stock, plus they're like $20 each from dealers), but can't find part numbers anywhere. Can anyone shed some light on this?

PS - I specifically need the 2014 part numbers since it uses the same style shocks/struts as my 2014 SE.

Help, please!

Tim

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
The springs are completely different mounting points and the springs themselves are different sizes and will not fit on the rear. Only the front springs will work but you have to have the struts from an ST as well for the 2014s.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the thoughts, guys. I was actually aware of the differences in the back, so my thought is to run handling package shocks in the back.

I called Tously (Autonation) Ford and talked to Mike R. He found a 2014 ST in inventory and used the VIN to pull the numbers. Here are my (his) findings:

Front springs: CV6Z5310Q (will need 2) ~$16 each
Rear springs: CV6Z5560N (will need 2) ~$19 each
Front struts (rears won't fit the SE): CV6Z18124AA, and CV6Z18124AB (will need one of each) ~$45 each

By these numbers, you can run the springs and front struts from the ST for less than $150. I think I just found my next upgrade. [:)]

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The springs are completely different mounting points and the springs themselves are different sizes and will not fit on the rear. Only the front springs will work but you have to have the struts from an ST as well for the 2014s.
Well, the springs shapes are the same all around, per Cobb and Steeda. They are just lower. I personally talked to Steeda about this, and they even mounted their 2014 ST springs on a 2014 SE and confirmed fitment. Good news for us SE owners! [:)]

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The stabilizer mount end link connects against the spring and the unibody on the ST vs half way down the lower control arm.

2012 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback rear spring and perch.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/track-tests/2012-ford-focus-titanium-suspension-walkaround.html

A big difference is in the rear stabilizer bar mounting and the different size of the springs.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/track-tests/2013-ford-focus-st-suspension-walkaround.html
Thanks for the detailed pics! I'm down with the RSB not working as I'm going to use the Steeda unit for my SE. At this point, because of the suspension bungling that Ford created in 2013, I haven't seen anyone actually mount the ST springs on their SE (2013 or 2014). I know it can be done, it just hasn't yet. I just wanted the part numbers for ordering purposes. As soon as I order the parts and install, I'll get detailed pics and notes on the forum.

Tim

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Someone else talked about steeda saying that. Idk where you guys saw it but I would like some proof

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Someone else talked about steeda saying that. Idk where you guys saw it but I would like some proof
That may have been me. I was ordering a bunch of stuff from them and started asking about the ST springs. The guy (don't know his name) told me that one of the peeps from Steeda put the ST springs on his 2014 SE and they fit. He didn't have drop measurements, but he indicated they worked fine. That was the conversation. After I get the stock ST springs installed, that should provide some solid proof to whether they work or not. It would be nice to get this nailed down since there are so many questions about it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Has anyone yet considered the possibility of an ST rear end in place of the SE/etc. rear? Is it feasible? Would there even be enough benefit to justify such a swap? I was laying under an ST the other evening and got to pondering on this matter..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Has anyone yet considered the possibility of an ST rear end in place of the SE/etc. rear? Is it feasible? Would there even be enough benefit to justify such a swap? I was laying under an ST the other evening and got to pondering on this matter..
I'm sure it's easily feasible, assuming one would want to pay for the different lower arms, hub carriers, shocks, sway bar, etc. After looking at the ST setup, I still don't see a major good reason why they set it up differently than the SE. Oh well, guess some Ford engineer was bored. [:)]

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Hey, I have searched and I have searched. Then I had a cup of coffee and searched some more. I can't find part numbers for the...
That's what happens when you drink Folgers.
I would recommend better coffee.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
That's what happens when you drink Folgers.
I would recommend better coffee.
+1

And be sure to occasionally clean your coffee maker (if applicable) by running a pot of 1/2 water 1/2 white vinegar mixture through it (followed by an all water pot to rinse it).

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
I'm sure it's easily feasible, assuming one would want to pay for the different lower arms, hub carriers, shocks, sway bar, etc. After looking at the ST setup, I still don't see a major good reason why they set it up differently than the SE. Oh well, guess some Ford engineer was bored. [:)]
Nope, it handles like it has a 27 mm RSB yet used the same size RSB (22-23 mm iirc) thanks to the 1:1 motion ratio vs the closer to 0.5:1 ratio of the base program with less additional weight. It was done to meet the targeted performance objectives.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
+1

And be sure to occasionally clean your coffee maker (if applicable) by running a pot of 1/2 water 1/2 white vinegar mixture through it (followed by an all water pot to rinse it).
Wow, this thread went sideways faster than an ST. Whew! Now it's back on topic. [:D]

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nope, it handles like it has a 27 mm RSB yet used the same size RSB (22-23 mm iirc) thanks to the 1:1 motion ratio vs the closer to 0.5:1 ratio of the base program with less additional weight. It was done to meet the targeted performance objectives.
Yeah, could be. Both the SE and ST are both great handling vehicles.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Springs ordered! Should be here in a few days at my local dealer. Total cost for all four springs: $82. [woot]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts