Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife has just got a 2014 Focus MFT Sony/10. The only two USBs seem to be hidden inside the arm rest up front. Am I missing one somewhere? None on the dash? I didn't even think to look or ask at dealer, i assumed there would be one. I know i know assume makes an ASS outta U and ME...I have looked all over for a USB mod online. Someone must have come across this as an inconvenient issue no? What am I not seeing or finding or how do people use the USB connect options. Im not going to be opening and removing this little tray to plug in a gosh darn phone. Any help appreciated.

Finally found some of the old USB2 mod posts. That doesnt seem like a great option pulling the car apart for a secondary USB. Still looking for help on other USB mod options.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My phone syncs via bluetooth. I have only used usb once for charging. What are you looking to do with your phone over usb? I ripped my music as lossless wma and put it on a 128GB usb flash drive that stays in one of the ports.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Streaming

It could be just a learning curve on a new vehicle, but i have a f150 with sync and its just so easy to hop in plug in usb drop phone in one of half a dozen little storage spots, and have access to everything thats n my phone via voice commands. My wife streams books-on-tape, pandora, npr. All her music is alrdy on her phone. GPS directions when traveling. All these things only work with voice commands when the phone is plugged in to usb, as far as i can tell. Yes bluetooth works but you can not control it whith voice while driving? Just really seems a tad silly to me that there is not a usb and pre-installed area to sit/store/cradle a phone in a 2014 vehicle. Charging is fine I alrdy popped off the 12V cover and installed a double usb charger there. Just going to have to search for the best phone cradle i can find for a Focus and drill out a hole to run a cable from one of the USBs hidden in the arm rest? Thanks for the response)

·
Registered
141 Posts
It could be just a learning curve on a new vehicle, but i have a f150 with sync and its just so easy to hop in plug in usb drop phone in one of half a dozen little storage spots, and have access to everything thats n my phone via voice commands. My wife streams books-on-tape, pandora, npr. All her music is alrdy on her phone. GPS directions when traveling. All these things only work with voice commands when the phone is plugged in to usb, as far as i can tell. Yes bluetooth works but you can not control it whith voice while driving? Just really seems a tad silly to me that there is not a usb and pre-installed area to sit/store/cradle a phone in a 2014 vehicle. Charging is fine I alrdy popped off the 12V cover and installed a double usb charger there. Just going to have to search for the best phone cradle i can find for a Focus and drill out a hole to run a cable from one of the USBs hidden in the arm rest? Thanks for the response)
I agree that it would have been nice to have a more accessible USB port. I do everything via Bluetooth so it's mostly just charging that I want the port for. Unfortunately the best option that I've come up with is just plugging in a 12v (cigarette lighter) USB charger into the back of the console. It sucks but at least I can charge at 2.1 amps this way I guess. It would have been nice if there was at least a hole so that you could fish a USB cable out of the console. I've toyed with the idea of drilling one but was hoping someone else would do it and have write-up but so far I haven't seen anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts