Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I have a '14 SE.

1. What is the part number for the chipped key but with no fob that fits the MK3 Ford Focus?

2. Does anybody know of a Ford dealer in the US that sells cut keys over the internet? I've done this with my Mazda; I'd provide the VIN and a copy of the registration (and payment), I'd receive a cut key in the mail. I'd have to program the chip and fob of course. The cost was also about 20% off of Mazda's normal price (they gave internet customers the mechanics discount). Just wondering if any Ford dealers do this.

3. Also, if I buy generic keys off of the internet, where could I get them cut? Just a normal locksmith? My local Ford dealer (and local hardware store) won't do any work like cutting keys unless the keys were bought from them.

4. What is the going price for a dealer to program keys? My son lost our last key, I'll need to have the car towed to the dealer tomorrow and have two keys made and programmed. Am I looking at about an hour of labor on top of the price of the keys?

Thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I purchased a key from www.carandtruckremotes.com for my 2012 recently, had a locksmith do the cuts and programmed it myself. You need 2 original keys however to do the programming so that won't help your current situation. They have the transponder key blanks without the FOB too; they are known as Ford Transponder Key H94-PT.

I learned afterwards that I could have bought a switchblade style key as an upgrade. They were used on later model Focus's but the key blade and FOB is compatible. If this interests anyone, the correct one to buy is HU101 OUCD6000022 315MHz 4D63 80bit like this one on AliExpress >> QCONTROL Upgraded Remote Key

In our area the minimum dealer charge for programming a new key without an original is 1 hours labour (about $120 CAD). The key itself will be roughly the same; list price from Ford. The part number is CM5Z15K601A and the list price is $114.27 USD. This is for the key with the integrated fob; not the switchblade style or keyless entry.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Most locksmiths can grind the Key and set the PATS so the Key will work

Tom
Yes, you're right. I forgot about that option and if I recall correctly my locksmith wanted $50 CAD for that service. The cost to cut the key was $30 CAD. Some will do key cloning as well but keep in mind that you cannot use a cloned key as an administrator key for MyKey or to activate another key (2 admin key method).

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I had one key and went to the dealer over the weekend. New key with fob (normal key) was $139, cost to program = $53. About US $200 after tax, not as bad as I thought it would be.

There is a Ford chipped key with no fob for $59, and a key with no fob / no chip (just for unlocking the car) for $20. The advantage to having a key with no fob would be that it is smaller / thinner, and would be water-proof (and less expensive).

If I buy a generic key online the cost to cut the key is $20 from the local locksmith.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a '14 SE.

1. What is the part number for the chipped key but with no fob that fits the MK3 Ford Focus?

2. Does anybody know of a Ford dealer in the US that sells cut keys over the internet? I've done this with my Mazda; I'd provide the VIN and a copy of the registration (and payment), I'd receive a cut key in the mail. I'd have to program the chip and fob of course. The cost was also about 20% off of Mazda's normal price (they gave internet customers the mechanics discount). Just wondering if any Ford dealers do this.

3. Also, if I buy generic keys off of the internet, where could I get them cut? Just a normal locksmith? My local Ford dealer (and local hardware store) won't do any work like cutting keys unless the keys were bought from them.

4. What is the going price for a dealer to program keys? My son lost our last key, I'll need to have the car towed to the dealer tomorrow and have two keys made and programmed. Am I looking at about an hour of labor on top of the price of the keys?

Thanks!
I needed a second set fr a 2014 Focus Se that I purchased. I wen to a local locksmith and got a second set for $25 with a separate FOB in 20 minutes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts