Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i just wanted to hop on here and share my experience for the fellow focus owners.. To begin i was driving down the road and the rpms dropped and i basically pulled over.. After reading the codes right there i was pulling PO322, P0320, P061C and P1674.. I could get the car to start but when stepping on the gas it would just bog out around 2k RPM.. I had to get to work and i left it there until lunch, after arriving on lunch the car wouldnt start at all. I towed it to my residence and started trial and error. After reading online i got multiple people saying it was the crankshaft sensor so i went ahead and replaced that and it did nothing. After doing some more research i found that the wiring harness in the front of the motor was doing some chafing and after unwrapping the tape covering it sure enough 4 wires were cut. After doing some crimping and stripping i got the car fixed and good to go! If anyone has any questions just reply or shoot me a pm and ill be glad to help!

Attachments

·
Registered
15,787 Posts
Again likely Ford cutting the wire lengths too short to save pennies in copper on every car. It has caused utter fits over the years, they refuse to allow proper harness curvature around objects, choosing instead to make things too tight. Dealership work creation in my opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts