Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to get a 2014 ford focus SE hatch back in a couple days. I want to install my radio in the new car and i can figure out what all i need to do it. i know i need the dash kit to mount the radio and the Axxess AX-ADBOX1 auto detect interface but i dont know what else i need? antenna wire? any additional wiring harness to go with the AX-ADBOX1? any help would be awesome!. THe car has steering wheel audio controls and i believe it has sync to. thanks!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Go to crutchfields website and kind of pretend like you're buying a stereo. It should show you all the items you need in order to make it work.

What are you trying to accomplish with the new stereo?

·
Registered
206 Posts
According to the AX-ADBOX1 install manual you will need AX-ADFD02. You might also need ASWC1 to retain steering wheel controls depending on the aftermarket headunit you are putting in.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the Car Audio section where you can find more information.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go to crutchfields website and kind of pretend like you're buying a stereo. It should show you all the items you need in order to make it work.

What are you trying to accomplish with the new stereo?
Well i have 2 kicker comp 15 inch and a 500 watt alpine amp in my 2010 focus and im just migrating the system to the new ride. the bass is crazy for how low watt it is. i like boom boom in the trunk lol [clap] i went to crutchfield and talked to a gentlemen named Buck and he just told me the AX-ADBOX1 and he didnt really tell me what else i needed still waiting on his reply figured i would get quicker help on here lol

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
According to the AX-ADBOX1 install manual you will need AX-ADFD02. You might also need ASWC1 to retain steering wheel controls depending on the aftermarket headunit you are putting in.
Thank you! i think i might have it figured out now! [loveff]

·
Registered
990 Posts
if you're not migrating a crazy awesome deck I would into a used Rockford fosgate 3sixty.1

It will easily integrate your factory head unit with some really great eq settings and might even be about the same price.

JL audio also makes a similar processor.

I used to run the below sub off 3200 rms. I built the sub by hand. Just to put the sub into perspective in one picture that's my size 12 foot and another it's in my lap. I'm 6'2" 250 pounds. Also the bottom two are videos.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts