Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2014 Ford Focus SE. Had it for 3 years now with no issue up until recently. I've been getting leakage into my passenger floorboard when I use the a/c. So much so it creates a puddle on the passenger floorboard. The a/c is still blowing cold but after a while it'll blow steam out of the vents. But still cold. I opened the panel and noticed the leakage coming from the black case shown in the pictures. Any idea what could be the issue? I just want to get an idea of what I'm getting myself into before I take it in. It's no longer under warranty. Could this possibly be something I can fix myself? You can see a little droplet within a minute of turning the a/c on as shown in the picture between the black case and metal tubes.

·
Registered
16,343 Posts
Likely incorrect, too unfamiliar with that year model..........sorry.

·
Registered
2004 Focus Wagon, Zetec DOHC, Auto
1,469 Posts
Possibly just a stopped up evaporator drain.

Find the drain under the car near center of the firewall. Use a wet/dry vac to suck the debris out. If there is a lot of debris in the case, then taking out the cabin filter and pouring water into the case (something with a spout like what is used to water house plants works good for this) while using the vac will help flush it. If you don't have a helper, try duct taping the running vac hose to the firewall drain while you pour the water into the case.

Some people try to clear the drain by poking something into the drain line. I don't advise that!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts