Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for parts and mods on my car when i found that tom could help me with getting the most out of my car. He was very helpful and knew what he was talking about which makes you feel like your getting what you are paying for. I order the tuner with him showed up in a few days and by the next day i give him a call and we started get the best tune file for my car. It took a few tune files to get my car how i like it and couldn't be happier with his work. I hook up the tuner to my car and then to my computer very easy open up the programs give tom a call and he walked me though it. 10 mins later my car was all set and ready to go and all i had to do was load some data log files and send them to him and i get my next tune file back. The fastest way i have seen and it works great. I would also do exhaust and k&n cold air intake to get the most out of your car. If you are looking for more power out of your car and cant fined anything your not alone but there is hope tom can help you with that and any question about getting the most out of your car. And for anyone who didnt get the st focus dont worry tom said that he will be working on a turbocharger for the mk3.
So dont miss out on what your car can do and take it to the next level tom tuner.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Glad you are happy with it. I've had Tom's tune for about a month now and love it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Pretty tempted to get a tuner from Tom for my '13 Focus SE (manual). How does the power feel if you only had Snorkel Delete and drop-in K&N? If I babied my car with a tuner, would the MPG be better? How does the shifting feel? I understand that the redline will be pushed to maybe 7.2k. I don't know that much about a tuner (and yes, I should do some more search but the info is probably outdated so I'm looking for the latest updates from the FF community).

Is it worth $400+?

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
I am saying this as a MK3 owner not just the tuner , I like the better daily driveability and shifting , the MPG did go up but ever so slightly ,

Im glad to answer any questions you may have

Tom

·
Registered
793 Posts
I am saying this as a MK3 owner not just the tuner , I like the better daily driveability and shifting , the MPG did go up but ever so slightly ,

Im glad to answer any questions you may have

Tom
I'm kind of an old school noob when it comes tuning. That said, could I keep the shifts at 6,500 RPM's (DCT) while changing other things? Such as idle RPM, etc. ?

As far as tuning goes, when my warranty expires... I'm all in!

Thanks!!!

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I'm kind of an old school noob when it comes tuning. That said, could I keep the shifts at 6,500 RPM's (DCT) while changing other things? Such as idle RPM, etc. ?

As far as tuning goes, when my warranty expires... I'm all in!

Thanks!!!
Yeah he doesnt mess with the redline unless you ask him too.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
DCT shifts at 6300, or at least it does on mine, I think the big part of making it quicker is bumping the "redline" up a bit for better acceleration... some people go as high as 7200 RPM, and I hear that's safe but a bump to even 6800 or 7000 would help... I'm also looking forward to more aggressive downshifts and upshifts, but that will have to wait till the holidays.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I finally broke down and bought the tune! I am so thoroughly happy with my experience with Tom. The sct was my door within days. I loaded the tune, remoted in with Tom , ran several data logs, made several adjustments and uploaded those custom tunes. My car is amazingly different! I don't know where he found the extra power and torque but my car runs great with smooth and powerful acceleration. It's like I have a different car the way Ford should have programmed it. I can't say enough about Tom. I got more results from him than any mod I have done. If you have a ford focus then you need to call Tom!
Now I have a question for everyone. .... what 180 therm and cat back do you recommend?

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I finally broke down and bought the tune! I am so thoroughly happy with my experience with Tom. The sct was my door within days. I loaded the tune, remoted in with Tom , ran several data logs, made several adjustments and uploaded those custom tunes. My car is amazingly different! I don't know where he found the extra power and torque but my car runs great with smooth and powerful acceleration. It's like I have a different car the way Ford should have programmed it. I can't say enough about Tom. I got more results from him than any mod I have done. If you have a ford focus then you need to call Tom!
Now I have a question for everyone. .... what 180 therm and cat back do you recommend?
Thanks , Glad your liking it , let me know if there is anything you would like adjusted

Tom

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I second this^^^
And there is only one 180 therm that I know of and thats by stant. Check out the 180 therm thread.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts