Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Wow great torque! Does the car above have any additional mods not listed?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is the only way to get that tune is by coming into your shop? I ask because i live in California. Want to stay away from ripping my car apart, and those numbers are very good, good enough for me. Thanks

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Why the graph is very impressive I have to ask why the TQ and HP do not cross at 5250RPM like all dyno graphs should ?

Tom
The scales are not in alignment to visually cross at that point even though it would in reality.

·
3rd Time's the Charm
1,943 Posts
Why the graph is very impressive I have to ask why the TQ and HP do not cross at 5250RPM ?

Tom
Tom,
This is because the HP scale is 0-275 where the Torque scale is 0-450.

If you look at 5250, both numbers are in the 245~ range on the tuned graphs. I have created arrows and lines to the scale in question to help others see what I mean.

Attachments

·
FF Affiliate
31,101 Posts
I understand what your saying but the Dyno Jet ( or others ) doesnt work that way and to be more specific the HP and TQ should always cross at 5252

Tq = (hp*5252)/RPM Unless the dyno was altered the HP and TQ should always cross at 5252 , Open for some one to prove me wrong

Tom

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
They would cross at 5252 at 240. It's just been altered, or it looks like 2 different graphs on 1 sheet. You have to open the picture and it shows HP scale on the right. Tq on left.

·
3rd Time's the Charm
1,943 Posts
All the dyno programs that I've worked with have the option to scale to two different scales. I'm a little taken aback that this is hard for you to understand, Tom. :-\

Anyway, just for you, I MSPaint'ed the graphs back to a single scale. Pretty close anyway.

Honestly, for a turbo car, I'm not impressed by the HP gains. The super low end torque peak on these cars means very little to me as a consumer except that it'll probably spin tires when you punch it rolling slowly in second gear. You'd still have to shift at about 5200-5500 to maximize gearing/power for max acceleration.

Attachments

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I haven't seen a ton of dyno's for the ST but the ones I have generally don't show a big HP gain but do show large TQ gains. from what I understand it has to do with the stock turbo and manifold that are restrictions on big power numbers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts