Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when i purchased the car the Salesman assured me Sirrus Radion was ready on my car. Well i bought my car brand new and i tried to get my account on there and was told its not capable. It does have a Sirrus radio option but nothing to get it started. Well to make a long story short I am looking for the touch screen with GPS that comes in the ST and add it to my car. Trying to go around the dealer as they are super shady. Is there someplace i can buy it without going through my dealer? I know i will have to buy the face plate as it will change but does it also need to be paired with my car as well or can i buy an after market and be fine? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
You can certainly buy factory parts online/away from your dealer. The new head unit shouldn't need any "pairing" or anything like that, however there may be other parts installed elsewhere in the vehicle to make the GPS work (antenna, etc). I don't know enough about the factory navi to answer that for you.

But yes. You can certainly go aftermarket with this as well. In fact, some may argue the navi is better on the aftermarket scene than the factory navi. And you'll certainly gain a ton of flexibility for future additions (backup cam, amplifiers, etc). Do you have My Ford Touch? Sync? Surely you have steering wheel controls?

Either way isn't going to be cheap. I'm willing to bet that factory navi head unit is over $1k, even online. And a decent aftermarket head unit with navi is ~$600 online, plus $60 for the Sat tuner, plus $50 for the steering wheel control interface, plus $130 for the dash kit/wiring harness, plus $180 installation. It all adds up pretty quick.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts