Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
I'd rather not, only because one shows in the MkIII section & the other in the MkIII Problems section.

Wrapping it into one would reduce visibility.

Even though we usually like to have info. consolidated in one place, this seems like an exception better left alone. The usual PITA with merged threads is that all the posts are then listed chronologically, rather than one full thread then the other. Unless you catch one when it's small & fresh & add it to an older thread this can't be avoided. Wouldn't hurt in this case.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
damn, that means me.
That was exactly what I thought when I saw the build dates affected. [cheers]

At least we're in good company. The "I'll never buy another Ford!" (or any American car) crowd can't say that about this problem, and good luck to anyone trying to find a decent car these days that does not have something built by Bosch in it.

That still does not make me happy about having to let someone I don't know take enough of my car apart to get to the fuel pump (they are still inside the tank, aren't they?) and hope they put it all back together right. I wonder if they'll give me the parts and let me do the work myself?

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I'd rather not, only because one shows in the MkIII section & the other in the MkIII Problems section.

Wrapping it into one would reduce visibility.
Maybe having newer thread in the "Problems" section just contain a link to the other and be locked to new comments (or vice versa) would sove the visibility problem.

Even though we usually like to have info. consolidated in one place, this seems like an exception better left alone. The usual PITA with merged threads is that all the posts are then listed chronologically, rather than one full thread then the other. Unless you catch one when it's small & fresh & add it to an older thread this can't be avoided. Wouldn't hurt in this case.
A quick check of the post dates looks to me like they'd merge pretty cleanly, and the newer thread isn't that big yet. I just thought it will get confusing having similar conversations spanning two current threads in different areas.

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
OK,

Revised 2014 recall title to include (Fuel Pump).

Merged threads & left permanent redirect.

Thread now a "Stickie" in this section.

(I'll be surprised if it's the last thread on this, IIRC there's an inactive one still in the General Car Chat section)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum! I just dropped my 2014 off to have a few things worked on. It has been driving terrible lately. My service writer says the fuel pump recall parts are not available yet. Does anyone know what all this recall entails?

Thanks,
K

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
We can GUESS at fuel pump replacement from preliminary details released, information on just how that will be done is waiting on the Dealer letters(& service bulletin)/parts availability/customer letters.

·
Registered
220 Posts
We should all consider ourselves lucky as this could be a lot worse: The high-pressure fuel pump that is in the MK6 Jetta TDIs, have been known to fail (also made by Bosch). The difference is that it grenades the whole fuel system when it goes. Injectors, filter, sometimes the fuel tank also has to be scrubbed or replaced. It's typically an $8k job to do. It doesn't effect a super high percentage of the cars, but the people who it happens to are extremely vocal about it and basically say that it happens to the majority (sound familiar?). No recall has been issued on the fuel pump for VW.

You can read about it here if you have a few hours to go through 430+ pages and make you feel better about this fuel pump and on the flip side, the DCT problems: NHTSA Update on CR HPFP failure investigation - TDIClub Forums

That all being said, I'm glad Ford is getting in front of their issue and taking care of the problem.

·
Registered
33 Posts
So as asked previously but wasnt a concrete answer, have they gathered all the information. I know the dates of when letters will be mailed and such but I see several people says they checked on the ford site and some said it said the fuel pump was under recall when they did the system diagnostics. Mine shows nothing except for the myford touch warranty extension. My focus was built 03/25/14 according to ETIS so that falls within the dates but nothing shows that my car is involved in this recall...Just wanted to check and see if thats truly the case and I am not affected

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum! I just dropped my 2014 off to have a few things worked on. It has been driving terrible lately. My service writer says the fuel pump recall parts are not available yet. Does anyone know what all this recall entails?

Thanks,
K
Welcome, K!

Dealers will be getting more information in a few days, and the Owner Letters will be sent the week of June 22. Right now, your dealer is in the best position to assist further. Once you're scheduled for the repair, please drop me a line, and I'll check out some options. :)

Meagan

·
Registered
33 Posts
Meagan maybe you can answer my question from above. I see dealers are still getting the info with letters to the owners starting June 22. I see several people mention it shows up when they do vehicle health reports or recall checks online but mine does not show the recall. But is within the build dates affected and obviously the plant affected. Does that mean even though mine was built within those build days that it does not have that fuel pump and not affected?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just got a letter for this in the mail today. When I get this replaced, I'm hoping to get a few other things checked out as well. Would the dealership have any issues doing other maintenance as well? I figure since its already going to be in there, I might as well have them take a look at some other things while they have it.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I know this is now a few months old, but I have a build date that falls within the time frame, and I have not received any such notification of this recall.

I finally got the 15B22 notice on the Ford Owner webpage a couple weeks back, but nothing about the OP recall.

Is this something I can just request, or do I have to wait for it to pop? I'd rather get both things done at the same time instead of having to go back separately.

EDIT: For some reason, Ford Etis never updates with any FSAs. It always says "Checking for outstanding actions... Please Wait!"

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I know this is now a few months old, but I have a build date that falls within the time frame, and I have not received any such notification of this recall.

I finally got the 15B22 notice on the Ford Owner webpage a couple weeks back, but nothing about the OP recall.

Is this something I can just request, or do I have to wait for it to pop? I'd rather get both things done at the same time instead of having to go back separately.

EDIT: For some reason, Ford Etis never updates with any FSAs. It always says "Checking for outstanding actions... Please Wait!"
Letters for 15B22 will begin rolling out in October, and owner letters for the fuel pump recall went out in June. You can check for active (meaning ones that are attached to your VIN and have not been completed) recalls here.

Meagan

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Letters for 15B22 will begin rolling out in October, and owner letters for the fuel pump recall went out in June. You can check for active (meaning ones that are attached to your VIN and have not been completed) recalls here.

Meagan
Thanks! So question: My local dealers are already booked till the end of this month for service appointments. Once people start receiving the letters for either service job, they're going to start flocking to the dealerships. How can I set it up so that whenever my appointment time is (hopefully end of this month and not pushed back to November), that I get both items done to my car even though I have not yet received notification (including the site your linked) of the fuel pump recall?

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
You'd have to set that up with a Dealer for the appt., if not listed for that fuel pump recall you'd need to check through them for a double check to see if you are included.

Should show on that link by your VIN, does yours have a date of manufacture near either end of the time period mentioned? Backwards date coding on the door can be confusing, does that source also give you the exact mfr. date?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
You'd have to set that up with a Dealer for the appt., if not listed for that fuel pump recall you'd need to check through them for a double check to see if you are included.

Should show on that link by your VIN, does yours have a date of manufacture near either end of the time period mentioned? Backwards date coding on the door can be confusing, does that source also give you the exact mfr. date?
Yup, I verified on Ford Etis and I have a build date that falls within the OP's listed dates.

EDIT: All the NA 14 Focus units were made at the affected plant, right?

EDIT 2: I have Etis reporting as "Build Date: 04.08.2014." Hopefully, that doesn't mean August, 4, 2014. I'll have to check the door and see if it's more specific there.

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Yep, all U.S. and Canada ones. Sounds like it falls within, and the notice doesn't mention limited numbers within the dates, just wondered about the ends if it was close.

Odd not to find it listed for yours, def. means you need it checked officially.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts