Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A recall has been issued for a number of Ford products, including the 2014 Focus built at the MAP between October 26, 2013 and May 22, 2014.

It is a part of a lager recall on a Bosch fuel pump in which the pump may seize and cause the car to not start or worse, a full loss of power while driving.

If you are a Ford family, also be aware that the following are also affected by one of four recalls.

-2013-2015 Fusion/MKZ
-2015 Edge
-2014 Edge
-2014 Escape
-2014 Transit Connect
-2014-2015 Fiesta
-2015 F-150

Read more here

You can also double check the recall status here

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
2014 Ford Focus Recall (fuel pump)

Applies to 2014 model year Focus MK3 built between October 26, 2013 and May 22, 2014 at the Michigan Assembly Plant

This involves "nickel plating on the fuel pump, which may cause it to seize. If the fuel pump seizes, a vehicle may not start or may stall while driving. An engine stall without warning while driving increases the risk of a crash."

After you receive a recall notice by mail, you can take your vehicle to a Ford dealer who will replace the fuel delivery module at no charge.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
how do we know if our car was built at that plant?

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
guess i will be expecting a recal notice in the mail then.

·
-----<M>-----
2,724 Posts
How do we find our build date?
Good question when the door jamb sticker only indicates the month. Mine is Oct 2013. So how do I know if I'm before or after October 26th? My window sticker says 11 12 13, which I presume to mean November 12th. So why does the door jamb sticker say October? Then I go to etis.ford.com and enter my VIN and it says Build Date: 01 October 2013. I guess Etis is the best source.

But why are my build date and window sticker date (which I understand is the date it was invoiced???) 6 weeks apart? On my last Focus I seem to remember they were only days apart.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How do we find our build date?
Good question when the door jamb sticker only indicates the month. Mine is Oct 2013. So how do I know if I'm before or after October 26th? My window sticker says 11 12 13, which I presume to mean November 12th. So why does the door jamb sticker say October? Then I go to etis.ford.com and enter my VIN and it says Build Date: 01 October 2013. I guess Etis is the best source.

But why are my build date and window sticker date (which I understand is the date it was invoiced???) 6 weeks apart? On my last Focus I seem to remember they were only days apart.
You would be correct in using Ford Etis as the best source for your build date. The date on your window sticker likely has to do with when it left the factory. If you were to search for the digital version of the sticker, it would show the correct build date.

·
-----<M>-----
2,724 Posts
You would be correct in using Ford Etis as the best source for your build date. The date on your window sticker likely has to do with when it left the factory. If you were to search for the digital version of the sticker, it would show the correct build date.
The web sticker I just looked up has the same date as the paper copy that came with the car. Six weeks after the Etis build date.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Anyone get a notice yet? I have a 2014 Focus SE built on 2-14-2014, so should be in the recall group, but when I click on the link to double check recall status, I get 'no field actions required'. Is it just too early for them to update that, or they don't update the website until a letter has been sent?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Fuel Pump Replacement

I ran a vehicle health report on my 2014 Focus Ti this afternoon. Under "Recalls & Field Service Actions" the following appeared, Notice #: 15S13
FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT." I called my dealer, and was told by a service advisor that Ford is still in the process of getting out the info on this recall. Apparently there was a problem in the fuel pump manufacturing process that can cause stalling and failure to start/restart. He went on to say that we (owners) should be receiving mail notification of the recall by mid-June.

Maybe Meagan can give us more info on this.

WAL

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
A number of models are affected, there were threads in MkIII & General Car Chat on the subject.

Surprisingly it hasn't gotten much attention here, probably since very few have had an issue related to that.

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I ran a vehicle health report on my 2014 Focus Ti this afternoon. Under "Recalls & Field Service Actions" the following appeared, Notice #: 15S13
FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT." I called my dealer, and was told by a service advisor that Ford is still in the process of getting out the info on this recall. Apparently there was a problem in the fuel pump manufacturing process that can cause stalling and failure to start/restart. He went on to say that we (owners) should be receiving mail notification of the recall by mid-June.

Maybe Meagan can give us more info on this.

WAL
Dealers will receive more information towards the end of the month, and Owner Letters are expected to be mailed the week of June 22. Affected Focus build dates are October 26, 2013 – May 22, 2014. At this time, that's all the info I have for you guys.

Meagan

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
damn, that means me.

Reactions: Arco-Zakus

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dealers will receive more information towards the end of the month, and Owner Letters are expected to be mailed the week of June 22. Affected Focus build dates are October 26, 2013 – May 22, 2014. At this time, that's all the info I have for you guys.

Meagan
Thanks Meagan. I'll be watching for my letter.

WAL

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
A recall has been issued for a number of Ford products, including the 2014 Focus built at the MAP between October 26, 2013 and May 22, 2014. ...
Thanks for sharing this.

I did not click "LIKE" for your comment because I do not like the idea of having to replace my fuel pump, but I do like that you let us all know. (+rep) [thumb]

1 - 20 of 52 Posts